1. Cody’s mannerisms were perfect during the pros introduction. No one else looked completely in character.
2. Color me stupid, but how does a kissing contest show whether someone is a good WWE pro? Nevermind that this might not be a fair challenge. After all, Percy Watson may not want to kiss Laycool. I can’t believe that they gave this segment 20 minutes.
3. This kissing challenge made me miss the ECW chant “She’s got herpes.” Nevermind that it’s always segments like this that are always on when someone who never watches wrestling watches with you and thinks you’re crazy.
4. How has Kaval not endeared himself to the WWE Universe when he’s been #1 and #2 in the polls?
5. If Kaval falls short of expectations on NXT Season 2 it’s easy to blame Laycool in storyline terms. They can’t get very physical in his matches and can’t give him effective scouting reports on other rookies/pros.
6. Hey Ashley, if there’s a confrontation you need to make sure you stay there. You’re the interviewer and have the microphone. If the superstars don’t need it to speak then why have an interviewer back there? Just have them scream into the camera.
7. So I figure at SummerSlam we’ll get a remake of the 1996 Bash at the Beach main event where someone (my guess is Triple H) comes out, everyone thinks he’s the savior, but he Pedigrees Cena and joins Nexus. Granted, the IWC would hate every bit of that but it seems like that is where this is going.
8. Why is it every ring announcer the WWE brings in now tries to be Lilian Garcia?
9. Percy Watson is losing some of his luster to me. His personality needs to translate into teh ring more and some of his actions as of late appear too toned down. I loved seeing Riley bust out the TKO.
10. Not surprised about the outcome of the last match, although I think the rub from beating McGuillicutty should’ve been more of an internal NXT roster storyline.
And that’s it for this week’s show. Check back tomorrow for my “What the World Was Watching” column, which will recap the November 20, 1995 edition of Monday Night Raw.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, Cody Rhodes, kaval, Laycool, Lilian Garcia, Michael McGuillicutty, NXT, percy watson, Summerslam, The Miz, triple h, WWE