Found this story on XBox360Achievements.com,
The first plot and gameplay details come courtesy of Game Informer magazine – as a lot of these things tend to – revealing the basic premise of the game’s story and a few juicy gameplay tidbits.
Apparently, the story revolves around Two-Face’s attempts to kill off Catwoman in a bid to gain added credibility amongst the Gotham’s network of villains and criminals. This will see Batman taking to the streets of Arkham City, which was created by (former Arkham Asylum warden and Mayoral candidate) Quincy Sharp when he bought and walled off part of the slums.
Batman will be well-equipped though, as he’ll start the game with all of the gadgets he acquired in the last game as well as a useful cache of smoke bombs. And he can now counter two attackers at once, which should hopefully mean you can crack heads together.
Here are the details from the latest issue of Game Informer:
- Quincy Sharp is no longer running for mayor.
- Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
- Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
- Hugo Strange is now in charge of Arkham City.
- Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
- The overdose of venom may not be what’s wrong with the Joker.
- You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
- More puzzles.
- All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
- Side missions now feature in the game.
- Gangs roam Arkham City. These are recorded in Batman’s criminal database.
- You find people who work for the Riddler to find Riddler challenges.
- Batman has smoke bombs.
Skitch Commentary: I can’t really put my finger on it, but a few things about this just seemed off to me. I think the Arkham City concept and the plot in particular just didn’t grab me like I was hoping for. I was a huge fan of the original, so I am still excited. Hopefully when I read the Game Informer article myself, I will feel better about all this.
Tags: Arkham City, Batman