Updated with official press release:
GET READY FOR THE GAME-CHANGING, ACTION-COMEDY
FEATURING EYE-POPPING VISUALS & GRAVITY-DEFYING ACTION
UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU’VE EVER SEEN BEFORE
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD
COMING TO BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK, DVD & DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
NOVEMBER 9, 2010 FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
FOR A LIMITED TIME, BLU-RAY™ PURCHASERS CAN STREAM A BONUS MOVIE INSTANTLY TO THEIR TV WITH BD-LIVE™ OR SMARTPHONE VIA THE FREE POCKET BLU™ APP, NOW NEWLY ENHANCED FOR IPAD™
Universal City, California, Tuesday, September 21—Inventive visuals, endearing performances and a genre-smashing style define Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the critically acclaimed, action-comedy coming to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD November 9th from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In the movie, cutting-edge filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) directs Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad) and an incredible ensemble cast in the story of a charming, unemployed bass player who discovers that in order to date the girl of his dreams, he must first battle her seven super-powered, evil exes.
Both the Blu-ray™ and DVD come loaded with deleted scenes, laugh-out-loud bloopers and cast commentaries assembled by director, producer and co-writer Edgar Wright. The 2-disc Blu-ray™ Combo Pack is packed with hours of additional in-depth bonus features; a Blu-ray and DVD copy of film; and for a limited time only, a digital copy of the movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic and portable devices anytime, anywhere. Blu-ray ™ consumers will also be able to stream a free bonus movie instantly to any internet-connected player, Smartphone or iPad™ using the free pocket BLU™ app. Starting with Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, iPad™ owners can also enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. With this app, Blu-ray™ consumers will be able to stream their full-length bonus movie in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before.
In Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Edgar Wright brings Bryan Lee O’Malley’s hugely popular graphic novel series to life with gravity-defying action and videogame-inspired graphics. Joining lead actor Michael Cera is one of the coolest ensemble casts ever to share the big screen including Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Live Free or Die Hard), Kieran Culkin (Igby Goes Down), Chris Evans (upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger), Academy Award® nominee Anna Kendrick (Twilight series, Up in the Air), Alison Pill (Dan in Real Life), Aubrey Plaza (“Parks and Recreation”), Brandon Routh (Superman), Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Johnny Simmons (Jennifer’s Body), Mark Webber (Broken Flowers), Mae Whitman (“Parenthood”) and Ellen Wong (“Runaway”). Scott Pilgrim vs. the World also boasts an awesome soundtrack featuring original music by Beck and performances by Broken Social Scene, Metric and more.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK:
- INSIDER DOCUMENTARIES:
- Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Music Featurette
- You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb
- ALTERNATE FOOTAGE: A special look at alternative edits to the film.
- PRE-PRODUCTION: A look inside the film’s pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!
- THE MUSIC OF SCOTT PILGIRM VS. THE WORLD: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.
- VISUAL EFFECTS: This feature takes a second look at the movie’s inventive visual effects.
- SOUND WORK: A mini documentary about the creation of the film’s super-powered sonic landscape.
- TRAILERS & TV SPOTS from the theatrical release of the film
- ADULT SWIM™: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation
- SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES PRODUCTION BLOGS from the set of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- virtual Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray™ player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray™ features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
- FREE BONUS MOVIE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY: Blu-ray Combo Pack consumers will have instant access to stream action hits Tremors or Pitch Black via BD-Live, Smartphone or computer.
- U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- STORYBOARD PICTURE-IN-PICTURE
- pocket BLU™ app: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad™, Blackberry®, Nokia® Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player and offers advanced features such as:
- DIGITAL COPY OF THE FILM: Blu-ray™ consumers can download a digital version of the movie to their Mac® and or Windows® PC for a limited time only.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
- MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
- and lots more!
BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD:
- DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright
- SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE BLOOPERS
- FEATURE COMMENTARIES:
- Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTO GALLERIES including Edgar Wright’s photo blog
- TRIVIA TRACK
- GALLERIES: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.
- Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
- Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
Meet charming and jobless Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera). A bass guitarist for totally average garage band Sex Bob-omb, the 22-year-old has just met the girl of his dreams…literally. The only catch to winning Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)? Her seven evil exes are coming to kill him. Genre-smashing filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) tells the amazing story of one romantic slacker’s quest to power up with love in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Scott Pilgrim has never had a problem getting a girlfriend. It’s getting rid of them that proves difficult. From the girl who kicked his heart’s ass—and now is back in town—to the teenage distraction he’s trying to shake when Ramona rollerblades into his world, love hasn’t been easy. He soon discovers, however, his new crush has the most unusual baggage of all: a nefarious league of exes controls her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor. As Scott gets closer to Ramona, he must face an increasingly vicious rogues’ gallery from her past—from infamous skateboarders to vegan rock stars and fearsomely identical twins. And if he hopes to win his true love, he must vanquish them all before it really is game over.
Straight from today’s Life section in USA Today comes the news that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World will be available to own on DVD and Blu-ray on November 9. The newspaper hints at extras that include deleted and alternate scenes, bloopers and commentary from the cast and director.
Bleeding Cool, on the other hand, obtained reports that the release will include the following extras:
- 5 minutes and 45 seconds of TV spots
- A 1 minute and 24 second international trailer
- An audio commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong, and Brandon Routh
- Another with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin, and Mark Webber
- 20 minutes and 11 seconds of “Additional material Bonus X 2 3 Trailers”
- The “main” trailer and teaser
- The Osymiso remix clips, totaling a run time of 9 minutes and 13 seconds
Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg. I hope at the very least the DVD includes that wonderful Scott Pilgrim animation that ran on Cartoon Network around the time of the film’s release.
Here’s a scan of the newspaper article that includes your first look at the DVD cover art: