Batman and Robin #15
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by Frazer Irving
1. Things come to a head in this issue with Joker having Damian, and the Black Mask having Dick Grayson while the ceremony of the Bat kicks off.
2. Drugged out Comissioner Gordon is great, as is his finally fighting it off and realizing what he’s done.
3. It’s almost as great as Damian as Joker’s pawn, freeing himself, then doing what Joker wants anyway. Perhaps messing with the Joker wasn’t Black Glove’s best move.
4. Dick finally gets shot this issue and it’s to cripple him so he can only remember being a hero. That works really well for me, as it fits with Black Mask being sadistic and evil while keeping Dick around.
5. Hurt and Joker trying to get Damien to work for them when instead he works with Dick is a pretty great moment.
6. The art in this book is some of the best and most expressive I’ve ever seen. Hurt, Joker, Damian and the final image are all just purely iconic and amazing.
7. Dick and Damien escape and take it to the villain even before the final surprise… awesome… they truly are Batman and Robin.
8. And the big reveal… Bruce is back and Hurt is in serious trouble. The “gotcha” note is awesome in that it’s also what Batman said to Darkseid continuing the tie of Hurt and Darkseid.
9. Next issue brings us the promise of Bruce, Dick, Damien, Hurt… and Joker’s response to the return of Batman. Oh my.
10. Rating: 10/10 – This is such an epic payoff for years of stories. I can’t wait for the next issue.
Tags: Batman, Batman and Robin, DC Comics, Frazer Irving, Grant Morrison, Joker, Return of Bruce Wayne