Welcome once again to my WWE Raw thoughts. If you’re looking for more coverage and thoughts on Raw, including how Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler are doing more to elevate their mid card titles than any former main eventers who have held them, check out my blog, itswilltime.wordpress.com.
Now on with the thoughts.
1. I’m so glad that in the last two months the two major promotions (WWE and TNA) have decided to have championships change hands via champions laying down for challengers. Not an impressive opening segment for Raw. The Nexus was made to look too dysfunctional here.
2. We’ve seen John Cena vs Randy Orton on Raw too many times in the last year for it to be fresh. This could be a big match for this company again, but they are dead set on giving it away.
3. Fantastic match between Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler yet again. CM Punk’s commentary was hilarious and insightful. I’m looking forward to what appears to be a program between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. If they are allowed to cut loose the way Ziggler and Bryan have been we will have a series of classics. To read more about Ziggler and Bryan check out itswilltime.wordpress.com.
4. The Green Bay Packers deserve a good night at WWE Raw after beating the Vikings and their wiener-showing quarterback last night. Go Pack!
5. I know it’s rare for me to say this, but I did not enjoy The Miz’s promo tonight. He had nothing to say and no one to say it to. A rare miss from a man who has cut the best promos this year.
6. I hate R-Truth’s theme music. I’m voting it the worst music in wrestling history, officially usurping Rob Van Dam’s TNA theme. Congrats “Get Crunk” you earned this honor.
7. I don’t want to sound like a bitter fan here, but why have Sheamus lose to Santino when he did not lose in a highly competitive match against Daniel Bryan?
8. Interesting segment with Wade Barrett and David Otunga backstage. I’m happy to see Husky Harris and Michael McGulicutty as actual members of The Nexus. I have to wonder why The Nexus really did attack Undertaker. Intriguing stuff there that will hopefully lead the The Nexus into a meaningful future after John Cena leaves the group.
9. How many funerals has The Undertaker had? Why are they all officiated by Kane?
10. I don’t believe Michael Cole knows the meaning of the word surreal.
BONUS THOUGHTS (because I can never shut up while watching Raw)
11. I know that wrestling has to evolve as far as moves go, but I miss the days when the DDT finished matches and was not just a transitional move.
12. Did we really just see the same finish two nights in a row? Not cool WWE.
13. Randy Orton and John Cena had a pretty good match going until the ending. I’m sure these two men could have a good match with each other in their sleep. I would like to not see them against each other again for the next couple years. Give it a chance to be special again.
14. Predictable setup with John Cena as the special referee being offered his freedom from The Nexus. I like the match idea and think it will add a lot of intrigue going into the next few weeks of Survivor Series hype.
That’s all for me this week folks! Make sure to look at itswilltime.wordpress.com for some thoughts on the resurgence of the mid-card championships. I’ll be back with more tomorrow for The People’s Column.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, Bryan Danielson, cm punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, john cena, kane, monday night raw, nexus, randy orton, Raw, sheamus, The Miz, undertaker, Will Pruett, WWE