This is a tryout column for new potential contributor JoJo. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
After what I thought was a great Royal Rumble PPV, I was definitely looking forward to this Raw to see what would go down with the feuds between as Punk/Orton and Cena/Miz. Hereâ€™s my 10 thoughts on tonightâ€™s show:
1. Alberto Del Rio definitely is showing that heâ€™s a contender for Edgeâ€™s title, if WWE can keep making Del Rio look strong from now until â€œWrestleManiaâ€, this is going to be one of the better feuds of early 2011.
2. I canâ€™t lie, I do enjoy Santino and Kozlov as the Tag Champs, however I donâ€™t think they should hold them for much longer, if they really want Nexus to look somewhat dominant, theyâ€™ll put the belts on Husky Harris and McGillicutty or even Otunga and one of the other two.
3. I canâ€™t say Iâ€™m enjoying Daniel Bryan and Gail Kimâ€™s mini feud with the Bella Twins right now, I donâ€™t think Daniel Bryan is World Heavyweight Champion material but he DEFINITELY deserves better than this, beating jobbers from Superstars and dealing with the Bella Twins? No thank you.
4. I donâ€™t know if Iâ€™m the only one but did anybody else think Cena interrupting Miz in the Champion vs. Champion match was a bit obvious? I think the match could have been a bit better, but I guess a clean finish wouldnâ€™t have made too much sense to move on with this Cena/Miz feud.
5. Laycool vs. Natalya and Eve. Câ€™monâ€¦..
6. Could we see Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole at â€œWrestleManiaâ€? Things just keep heating up between them in the announcerâ€™s booth and I feel that it has to lead to something other than Lawler telling Cole to shut his trap every week.
7. Mark Henry and Great Khali vs. The Usoâ€™s in a dance off. See Laycool vs. Natalya and Eve aboveâ€¦
8. Randy Orton punting Husky Harris in the head was pretty cool besides the terrible kick he delivered, I think this feud between Orton and the New Nexus can deliver some quality stuff if itâ€™s done right.
9. The 2-21-11 vignette, could it be The Undertaker? Some people are even saying its Sting but even with a WCW themed Hall of Fame this year, I canâ€™t picture it.
10. Jerry Lawler winning the â€œRaw Rumbleâ€ was definitely a feel good moment, I honestly saw him going over the top as either the last or second to last elimination. Do I see him winning the title from Miz? No way, but I can see this being a nice mini feud going into â€œElimination Chamberâ€.
So, ladies and gents, is he a keeper?
Tags: 10 Thoughts, cm punk, john cena, randy orton, The Miz