1. While I initially backed Lauren, I think this is looking more and more like a Casey/James showdown. What’s new? Two guys in an Idol finale.
2. Naima and Jacon both picked great songs (“What’s Love Got To Do With It” and “Alone” respectively) but neither did the tunes justice. I have heard people in karaoke bars that have been significantly better.
3. I think Thia is employing a good strategy. She is safe for awhile so might as well keep going under-the-radar with the ballads. Pia was doing the same thing, and should go back to doing this.
4. How did Karen get this far? I think it’s because they have to make it look like online applicants have a chance to maintain the show’s online component.
5. I know most people are going to hate Casey’s rendition of “Smells Like Teen Spirit” but it took guts to sing that on Idol. The concern with Casey isn’t whether his singing will get him to the end. It’s whether his health will.
6. Say whatever you want. Haley is the only one I would buy a poster of (although not with the lipstick on her face).
7. I don’t understand if Steven Tyler wants to be the new Paula Abdul but his insanity and consistently positive comments totally have me craving the original.
8. Ryan Seacrest is the best host on television.
9. Stefano had a better week, but I still don’t think he will go too much farther.
10. Is it impossible to dislike Paul?
Tags: American Idol, murtz