1. It’s intriguing that the Reks/Masters feud has become kind of a staple of Superstars. Most storylines are very brief, and I use “storyline” in the loosest term. But this brings some interest back to Thursday nights, and I’m pretty pleased with it, overall.
2. Masters has become one of my favorites to watch. He’s the brawn, but he does well with it, and doesn’t confine himself to that gimmick. He seems comfortable while selling, but still manages to look beastly. And what a fluid Samoan Drop! I almost don’t mind his banishment to Superstars, as he’s probably being allowed to do way more on this show than he ever would on Smackdown.
3. Are they really showing a Smackdown recap? My brain has been pounded into mush from an insane week, so forgive me if this is inaccurate…but I thought they rarely acknowledged the Blue Crew? Boy, that Wasteland to Big Show looked great, albeit a bit tired.
4. The Great Khali…no. I’m not even going to get into it. You can all fill in the blanks, there.
5. Sentimental moment: Yoshi wearing the armband for Japan was wonderful. I heard the death count is up to 10,000 now. Horribly tragic, and thoughts are with everyone.
6. I feel as though there hasn’t been anything spectacular of note to build up HHH/Taker, but I’m still very, very ready for it. Maybe it’s the image I have of them in my head. I’m worried it’ll flatline, though.
7. Intergender matches are one of my favorites, though I have no idea why. Good to see that it’s at least one Diva I enjoy watching…especially one who is known for assaulting the men.
8. Why do I have to suffer through Maryse, The Bellas, and Joan Cena every week, and Gail Kim is kept on the shelf? Hot damn, that woman can work. What a crossbody outside the ring from the top rope! She restores my faith in women.
9. Daniel Bryan and Tyson Kidd mesh very well together. They’re almost the same person, Bryan just has way better hair. The two wrapped it up nicely with the aid of their women.
10. Random Thought of the Week: I’ve had Zack Ryder on the brain ever since his t-shirt arrived in my mailbox. I would love, love, love to see him used in a real way. With how popular Jersey Shore has become (I say that reluctantly), I think his gimmick is something that could hook in a new fanbase, give him plenty of material for a good feud, and he has the capability to put on decent matches. But that’s just me. What do you all think?
Tags: 10 Thoughts, chris masters, Daniel Bryan, Gail Kim, Tyson Kidd, WWE, WWE Superstars