â€“ This Friday and Saturday will be the Revolution that everyone has been waiting for! ROH returns to Dearborn, MI and Toronto, ON with loaded cards from top-to-bottom on each night providing the finest pro WRESTLING you will see anywhere on the planet Earth! You do not want to miss what is sure to be an epic weekend of events that can only be witnessed live and up close at The Ford Community & Performing Arts Center in Dearborn and The Ted Reeve Arena in Toronto. Ring of Honor has been on a role at producing the best wrestling anywhere around in 2011 and it will only get better this weekend. By now you know that ROH is devoted to bringing you true pro WRESTLING that you can be proud of! Now is the time to gather up your friends and family and make the trip north to stand by our side in this pro wrestling revolution that we promise to provide! You can still get your tickets here!
If there’s any way you can get to these shows, I can’t recommend it enough.Â Kings vs. Wolves II, Edwards vs. Hero, Strong vs. Generico, Briscoes vs. ANX, Claudio vs. O’Reilly…the list goes on.Â It promises to be a great weekend.
– As announced yesterday (link), the next Ring of Honor iPPV will emanate from New York City & The Hammerstein Ballroom on Sunday afternoon June 26th at 4PM. We know that our athletes are the best wrestlers in the world today therefore the event is appropriately title â€œBest In The World 2011.â€ This event will be broadcast LIVE on iPPV courtesy of GoFightLive.TV! Tickets are on sale now in the ROH Online Store, and check out Go Fight Live for details on the iPPV broadcast!
Big thanks to Travis Leamons who broke this news on InsidePulse yesterday, as ROH has been going all-out for their iPPV efforts.Â The 9th Anniversary Show was a little lackluster, but otherwise, virtually every iPPV has been tremendous, and I’d look for this one to be no different.
– Along with the iPPV announcement was also the big announcement that 6/26 will see the return of a man who has not seen the inside of an ROH ring since August of 2006: the one & only Jay Lethal! Lethal started in ROH as Hydro back in 2003 at â€œRevenge on the Prophecyâ€ as part of Special K and slowly evolved as the standout member of that group. Breaking off on his own in 2004, Lethal would capture his first championship, the ROH Pure Title, at â€œTrios Tournament 2005â€ by beating John Walters. Lethal would eventually lose the title to his mentor, Samoa Joe, at the first â€œManhattan Mayhemâ€, and embark into a very heated feud with Homicide, Low Ki, & the Rottwielers. Lethal was also the first man to challenge CM Punk for the ROH World Title at â€œSign of Dishonorâ€, and challenged on several occasions for the ROH Tag Titles & the Pure Title. Lethalâ€™s last match in ROH was at â€œFight of the Centuryâ€ as part of a Four Corner Survival that also featured Nigel McGuinness, Claudio Castagnoli, & Christopher Daniels. Now, after nearly five years, Lethal will make his return to Ring of Honor on June 26th as part of â€œBest In The World 2011â€!!! His opponent for the event has yet to be finalized so keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com in the coming weeks for that.
As soon as it was announced that he had been released from TNA, thoughts almost instantly turned to when or if Jay Lethal would return to ROH.Â Some people wondered if he might not have a WWE deal in his near future, but even if he does, his return for this iPPV has the potential to create a lot of tremendous fresh matches.Â Richards, Hero, Generico, Claudio, Strong, Elgin, Daniels, etc.
– â€œROH Revolution: Canadaâ€ this Saturday will see the debut of a new match â€œThe Double Danger Scrambleâ€! This is somewhat similar to the 6 Man Mayhem match and the rules are this: 2 active legal wrestlers are in the ring with the other 4 outside in the corners; Lucha/Scramble and Tag rules apply. If a wrestlerâ€™s feet hit the floor, the first wrestler to enter the ring thereafter becomes the legal competitor. In order to win a wrestler must obtain 2 pinfalls in the match before he can claim victory. There are no eliminations and after one man gets a pinfall he must continue to wrestle until he accumulates 2 pinfall or submission victories. The only way a man can be eliminated is if he gets disqualified. This match promises to be fast and full of action! Scheduled to compete are Rhett Titus, Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy, Adam Cole, Michael Elgin with Truth Martini, Grizzly Redwood, and Andy â€œRight Legâ€ Ridge!
Given the talent, this could still be a solid attraction.Â My big concern is that it seems unnecessarily complicated.Â Â Â I’d like to see something be on the line, like a TV Title shot, but with that title apparently on the shelf until further notice, it hamstrings the issue a bit.Â Nevertheless, this should be 10-15 minutes of thoroughly enjoyable mayhem.
– ROH Officials have also signed the House of Truth powerhouse Michael Elgin vs. Andy â€œRight Legâ€ Ridge for â€œROH Revolution USAâ€ this Friday on 5/6 in Dearborn, MI!
Andy Ridge gonna die.
– We at Ring of Honor encourage all parents to bring their children out for the matches this Friday night in Dearborn, HOWEVER, parental discretion will be advised for two bouts that guarantee to be violent. The Briscoeâ€™s will face ANX in a First Blood War and El Generico will battle Roderick Strong in a No Disqualification bout! In a town sometimes called â€œMurder Cityâ€ it is quite fitting that these matches will take place outside Detroit as each promise to be brutal and unfriendly. It is no secret the hostility involved in each of these matches and it is highly possible somebody wonâ€™t make it to Toronto the next night!
Love this stuff.Â I know some people find it a little ridiculous in this day and age where kayfabe is essentially dead, but I like it.Â It makes the event feel more real, like a more legitimate athletic endeavor.Â Plus, the warning is a nice touch to keep yourself more kid-friendly without having to go total PG.Â I just hope that no one winds up seriously hurt, as all six performers are churning out top notch stuff and are all very important parts of the upper-midcard and beyond.
– We are currently running a special two day, 25% Off Sale in the ROH Online Store on all merchandise. This includes DVDâ€™s, apparel, programs/posters, and 8 X 10â€²s. This offer ends Thursday morning. For complete details along with the discount code click here.
Can’t complain about that.Â ROH usually has a sale of some sort every week.Â Unfortunately, I’m saving most of my hard-earned money for at the merch table in Dearborn this weekend.
– Be sure to check ROHWrestling.com tomorrow as we will announce the main event for our return to Chicago Ridge, IL on May 21st for â€œSupercard of Honor VIâ€! Until then we are pleased to announce that Jay and Mark Briscoe, El Generico, and Colt Cabana have all officially signed for Ring of Honorâ€™s return to the Windy City. Tickets for this event can be purchased here.
Hmm…I wonder if the wife would allow two trips inside of three weeks…Chicago Ridge has traditionally been a strong venue for ROH, and I believe this makes Chicago the first city to have more than 1 Supercard of Honor event. The previous five were: Chicago (1), Detroit (2), Orlando (3), Houston (4) and New York (5).
– We will also have the next edition of the ROH Video Wire, including comments from ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards, The Kings of Wrestling, and more, available tomorrow as we head into â€œROH Revolutionâ€ weekend!
Well, since the Newswire came out a little late yesterday, and I didn’t get to it until today, here’s the Video Wire as well!Â Bonus for you!
ROH Video Wire – 05.04.11
Tags: Adam Cole, All Night Express, Andy Ridge, Claudio Castagnoli, colt cabana, El Generico, Jay Briscoe, Jay Lethal, Kenny King, Kings of Wrestling, Mark Briscoe, Michael Elgin, Prince Nana, Rhett Titus, Ring of Honor, Roderick Strong, ROH, The Briscoe Brothers, The Embassy, Tommaso Ciampa, Truth Martini