The 2014 World Cup has officially begun.
In Rio De Janeiro, the United States drew Jamaica in their qualifying pool for the North, Central America and Caribbean region for the tournament, being held in Brazil.
The U.S. and Jamaica will join in Group A the winners of a preliminary group consisting of Belize, Grenada, Guatemala, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and another group consisting of Antigua and Barbuda, Haiti, Curaçao and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The United States’ matches in this round are going to take place from June 8 to October 16, in 2012.
Below is the list of the three groups in the North and South Americas:
• United States
• Winner of Belize, Grenada, Guatemala, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
• Winner of Antigua and Barbuda, Haiti, Curaçao and the U.S. Virgin Islands
• Costa Rica
• Winner of Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, and Suriname
• Winner of Barbados, Bermuda, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago
• Winner of Bahamas, Dominica, Nicaragua, Panama
• Winner of Canada, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia
Tags: FIFA, Soccer, USA