Here is the synopsis of Up All Night straight from NBC:
“Up All Night is a modern take on parenthood that shows the challenges of balancing a career, marriage and a new baby. Christina Applegate (“Samantha Who?”) stars as Reagan, a successful public relations executive, and Will Arnett (“Arrested Development”) plays Chris, Reagan’s supportive, stay-at-home husband. The two have just become parents – a surprise that has set their lives on a new path as responsible adults — for the most part. Maya Rudolph (“Saturday Night Live,” “Bridesmaids”) stars as Ava, Reagan’s outlandish boss and best friend, whose whirlwind social escapades serve as constant reminders of Reagan’s former carefree life. James Pumphrey (“High Road”) portrays Brian, Reagan’s socially awkward hipster assistant.”
My First 10 Thoughts on the “Pilot” Episode of Up All Night:
1. Christina Applegate is always likable in any role she plays.
2. Will Arnett definitely is better fit for this role than he was in last year’s short-live Running Wilde.
3. Maya Rudolph still tries to hard to be funny, but might be the only one that thinks that.
4. Will the show be as funny once the kid grows up?
5. Funniest line was when Will Arnett’s character said “Are we dead?” after waking up early in the morning with the baby after they were up all night partying.
6. I wonder how many babies actually fill the role of the baby. Twins or Triplets? You know it’s never just one kid.
7. Smart move to have no laugh track for this show.
8. At first I thought the bleeping of curse words was pretty lame, but by the end of the episode it was really funny because it is really want most parents say at first.
9. Definitely has a shot to make it on NBC where it will probably compete with ABC’s comedy The Middle for third place behind The X-Factor and Survivor.
10. Not a new idea for a show, but the chemistry between Applegate and Arnett carry this show.
Tags: Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph, Up All Night, Will Arnett