South Park is back with the halfway point of this second half of season 15!
1. This episode is themed about Broadway, and how it’s all subtext to give women the idea to give blowjobs.
2. After a lengthly time with Randy and Sharon Marsh and other adults, we finally see the boys, all lined up to go swimming, but held up by a vegan boy, who they tease mercilessly.
3. This must be some kind of response to Book of Mormon on Broadway, but I can’t quite figure it out yet.
4. Randy Marsh decides to write and produce his OWN show, which is named amazingly Splooge Drenched Blowjob Queen
5. If splooge-drenched blowjob queen wins the tony, you’re not invited to my after party – awesome
6. A council of Broadway luminaries – Andrew Lloyd Webber, Steven Sondheim, Elton John and Steven Schwartz confront Randy in a Hooters – they are burping and eating wings and drinking beer.
7. Steven Sondheim challenges Randy to a “bro down” which consists of them hurling insults at each other in a fight-like situation surrounded by cars in a parking lot.
8. The episode is some sort of metaphor for how Matt and Trey must have been viewed at first by critics and Broadway stalwarts, and after a while, they earned their respect. By the end,
9. In the secondary storyline, the vegan boy takes a liking to Shelly and they go on a date to see Wicked – this pushes Randy over the edge, even when he sees a grandfather “here to enjoy the show with his granddaughter”. Gross
10. At the end, the next show coming to South Park after Wicked ends up being Book of Morman, which has the subtext Book of Blowjob.
Overall: It still amazes me what Matt and Trey can get away with on TV – the whole entire episode was not subtext and just straight up filthy humor. Add in the non-subtle subtext of their own experience on Broadway, this was an awesome episode.
Tags: south park