I don’t have it in me to write a full review of Glee this week. The show has been MUCH better this season than last, but I also can’t say I really missed it while it was on hiatus. So instead of a full review, here’s a few thoughts:
- I like a Blaine solo as much as the next Darren Criss fan, but was “Hopelessly Devoted”, like, eight minutes long? It felt it.
- Sue’s anti-crossdressing, anti-gender confused rant was…unexpected. Sue used to be one of the funniest characters on the show, but now her flip-flopping between having a secret heart of gold and being an offensive bigot is too jarring. Even if it’s to “protect” Unique, or whatever.
- “Blow Me One Last Kiss”? Awesome.
- “Like a really good poop” is now a thing that was said on TV, and it’s all thanks to Finn Hudson – a character that has no more purpose on this show. Ugh. And the only thing worse than a useless Finn is a sadsack Finn with no will to leave.
- Speaking of Finn, the whole “r-word” thing? Why did it have to be him? We already had that storyline years ago, when he used another offensive term in reference to Kurt’s home decor. I understand what the show was trying to do – show that even people who are trying hard to be open-minded, like Finn was with Unique, can say the wrong thing in the heat of the moment. But they need to use someone else to teach us a lesson, if this show is going to continue to be so invested in teaching lessons.
- “Born to hand-jive baby” sounded like something else entirely.