Happy New Year everyone! To celebrate the flipping of the calendar to 2013 after what was a very crazy 2012 in both American culture, pop culture and pro wrestling, I’d like to look ahead a little bit and give you my pro wrestling wish list for WWE when it comes to the Royal Rumble, the Road to WrestleMania and some of WWE’s top stars such as WWE CM Punk, The Rock, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and others.
Away we go:
CB’s World: 2013 Pro Wrestling Wish List for WWE
Limit: 10 Wishes
1. WWE Champion CM Punk STAYS WWE Champion at the Royal Rumble … and retains at WrestleMania (see wish #2 for more details).
2. Kofi Kingston surprisingly wins the Royal Rumble, faces CM Punk and The Rock in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, then continues feuding with CM Punk after The Rock leaves again. This can really establish Kofi as one of their top faces and it gives something for CM Punk to do after WrestleMania season ends.
3. The Rock comes back this time around to put OTHER PEOPLE over. It doesn’t make sense for Rocky to keep coming back and winning when he’s just a part-time guy, so I say it’s time for Punk’s title reign to get an even bigger endorsement than it already has: a landmark win over The Great One at BOTH the Royal Rumble and the Grand Daddy Of Them All.
4. Brock Lesnar comes back to face …
5. The Undertaker … at WrestleMania.
This is the match that would generate the most mainstream buzz, and I’d much rather have Brock look dominant during the Road to WrestleMania and lose to Taker than to see a Brock – HHH rematch that just won’t sell tickets and seems anemic by comparison.
6. The Shield dominate the early stages of this year’s Royal Rumble match — much like CM Punk did a couple of years back — before getting eliminated by Ryback or Orton or whoever.
7. Dolph Ziggler finally cashes in his Money In The Bank Briefcase and becomes World Heavyweight Champion. I just hope it’s not at the expense of Alberto Del Rio, but I have a feeling we will get Del Rio vs. Ziggler a lot in the coming year in multiple feuds over the Big Gold Belt. Unless, of course, they run with one of my bigger ideas a little further down below.
8. Mick Foley gets inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame …
9. … by Terry Funk. I know it’s tempting to have The Rock induct Mick should Mrs. Foley’s Baby Boy get the nod for induction at Madison Square Garden, but if anyone should induct the Hardcore Legend it should really be Funk. If they must go with a “WWE” name, then I’d prefer Jim Ross to do it over Rocky.
10. The New Age Outlaws come back on a semi-regular basis to mix it up with some of the newer, younger tag teams that could learn a thing or two from them. Feuds between the Outlaws and “The Prime Time Players” or “Team Rhodes Scholars” would be fun to watch, and it would be interesting to see how those teams perform against a veteran team like Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. Of course, an angle with Team Hell No would also be a whole lot of fun to watch, so I’d be good with either of those scenarios.
And since I’ve run out of wishes, here’s one honorable mention lest I forget John Cena:
In 2013, I’d like John Cena to continue to be nowhere near the WWE Championship or CM Punk. I have no idea how this would actually happen considering Cena is always everywhere and I doubt they’ll just push him to the side (especially when The Rock comes back).
But then I figured it out, at least for MY Wish List:
11. Move John Cena to SmackDown, have him feud with Dolph Ziggler, mix in some Alberto Del Rio, and have Ziggler / Del Rio win EVERY TIME.
Who knows, maybe it can even lead to a Cena heel turn at some point, some how, some way, in 2013.
That’s all from me — HAPPY NEW YEAR — CB.
What is on your pro wrestling Wish List for 2013? Sound off in the comments section below!
Tags: Brock Lesnar, CB's World, cm punk, dean ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, john cena, Kofi Kingston, Mick Foley, New Age Outlaws, Ric Flair, Road to WrestleMania, Roman Reigns, royal rumble, seth rollins, The Rock, The Shield, wrestlemania, WWE