Xscape Match: Christian York vs. Matt Bentley vs. Alex Silva vs. Sam Shaw vs. Lince Dorado vs. Puma vs. Jimmy Rave
– Solid opener with the predictable spot-fest. Another good showcase main roster member Christian York also.
“New School vs Old School”: Tony Nese and Rashad Cameron vs. Douglas Williams and Kid Kash
– Williams and Kash pick up the win. Nothing too special here except that Niese made a strong case for himself getting another look from the 2 major companies.
Robbie E. vs. Chavo Guerrero (w/Joseph Park as the special referee)
– Gotta say it’s weird to have a X-Division-themed PPV with Robbie E on the card and not AJ Styles. TNA is losing me a bit with this match. It’s sort of like having a Diva’s match inserted in-between two No Holds Barred matches. Chavo gets the shocking win. At least it was quick.
Ultimate X Match: Mason Andrews vs. Rubix vs. Zema Ion vs. Kenny King
– Rubix would be a fantastic addition to the X-Division. I don’t know what’s holding TNA back from signing him. Kenny King steals the X from Rubix and gets the win. Rubix is easily the performer of the night thus far though.
Christopher Daniels and Kazarian vs. Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams
– Nice video package on the history between AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. Too bad Styles isn’t on the show. Bad Influence gets the win in a very good match featuring 4 veterans. Very nice to see Petey Williams (and the Canadian Destroyer) back on TV!
No DQ Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
– I’d love to know the number of times these two have wrestled one another. RVD gets the win in a VERY good RVD/Jerry Lynn match and a great finale to their decades long feud. I’d say this was probably their best match of the modern era. And a fantastic moment after the match where the Impact roster and agents came out to give Jerry Lynn a standing ovation.
Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries
– A dream match for most people, it’s pretty hard to believe that we haven’t seen more of these two facing off in TNA. A good headliner for this PPV though. A good back and forth, strong-style match between Aries and Joe that saw Aries picking up the win on a roll up. Decent main event but Lynn/RVD was better, especially with the send-off Lynn received after the match.
Overall, a very good PPV offering – especially for the discounted price. It’s hard to become emotionally invested into a show that was taped so long ago but luckily the talent in the ring is what sells X-Division PPVs. I don’t know how well the other “One Night Only” PPVs will do since this one didn’t need storylines or titles to make it good.
Tags: Alex Silva, Austin Aries, chavo guerrero, christian york, Christopher Daniels, douglas williams, jerry lynn, Jimmy Rave, Joseph Park, kazarian, Kenny King, kid kash, Petey Williams, Rob Van Dam, Robbie E, Samoa Joe, Sonjay Dutt, TNA, ultimate x, Zema Ion