1. The ever rotating General Manager storyline took a hit in the tag team department on Smackdown. I was never a huge fan of Teddy Long so I’m not sad to see him go. Vince going with Vickie Guerrero over the returning Booker T did surprise me but Vickie gets way more heel heat than Booker T or Teddy Long gets a face pop.
2. After WrestleMania I thought the WWE was going to give us a Jack Swagger/Dolph Ziggler feud for the World Heavyweight Title but look how far I was off. Swagger is the weak link in the stable with Zeb Colter and Antonio Cesaro, while Dolph Ziggler has been booked so high then low you would think WWE Creative was on drugs.
3. Another match between The Shield and The Usos? They are going to beat this feud to death, aren’t they? Adding Mark Henry to the mix will help The Usos but another six man tag match for The Shield against ‘less credible’ guys for lack of a better word doesn’t really do the justice The Shield deserves, right?
4. Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett were supposed to have this throw away match on Raw but the WWE gave Chris Jericho and RVD more time. But you couldn’t tell otherwise, I was fully expecting Bryan to win but not in such a quick fashion. What has happened to Wade Barrett’s status in the locker room?
5. The WWE could leave Brock Lesnar and CM Punk off TV for the ENTIRE build leading up to SummerSlam and people would still show up and buy the pay per view; Heyman is that good. I will stop stating the obvious and focus on The Miz. I was really impressed with Miz’s mannerisms this week. He has really improved over the past month or so on the microphone and with the little things. Maybe the kid has been working with Heyman which is never a bad idea.
6. For the second night in a row Chris Jericho and Curtis Axel wrestled in matches I consider nominees for ‘Match of the Week’. Instead of having a lackluster feud between Jericho and Ryback maybe the WWE should of went this route. Axel still isn’t quite ready to be where he is in my opinion and Y2J is just the guy to help you get there.
7. Much like the Paul Heyman/CM Punk feud the Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes feud has been in the works for quite some time. These two spent the better part of a year together as a misused tag team so the idea of a great singles feud most have been talked about between Sandow and Rhodes. Like I said in my column this week I believe Cody has more and will gain more from this feud than Damien will. Rhodes has all the tangibles to make a great WWE Superstar and while I usually enjoy Damien Sandow’s work he just doesn’t have that main event feel like Cody does.
8. What a great way to bring back a veteran then to have him beat a low or even off the card guy in Darren Young? RVD needs to be the new Y2J, put over the talent that is on the cusp. He doesn’t need cheap wins on Smackdown to make the fans remember RVD, the WWE needs to put him in feuds with Fandango or Curtis Axel in order to get the best out of RVD’s time with the company.
9. A lot of you may disagree with this but there is a lot of money to be made with a feud involving a babyface Randy Orton and a heel Alberto Del Rio. These two guys are really on top of their in ring work right now and while I am not really high up on their characters I just want wrestling out of the two of them.
10. Another great wrestling show topped off with an amazing segment from Paul Heyman and The Miz. The build for Summerslam really begins this week and I am anxious to see how the mid card fills out for the biggest Summer event in the world. Until next week guys, leave a comment, tell a friend, listen to the latest HTCWrestling Pulsecast on iTunes or HTCWrestling.com, follow me on Twitter @CamDougharty and let’s talk rasslin!
Tags: alberto del rio, Antonio Cesaro, Booker T, Brock Lesnar, chris jericho, cm punk, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, jack swagger, Mark Henry, Paul Heyman, randy orton, Raw, RVD, Summerslam, Teddy Long, The Miz, The Shield, the usos, Vickie Guerrero, WWE Smackdown, Zeb Colter