It’s been called one of the greatest television shows of all and for good reason. Breaking Bad is one of those shows that should have gotten the ax long ago because it doesn’t share the same beats of a conventional TV drama. A 50-year-old chemistry teacher battling cancer? Ugh. But give him an outlet to make money outside of teaching kids how to properly handle a Bunsen burner (like making crystal meth!) and you start to pique the interest of those who would have turned it off long ago. Give him a sidekick that likes to use the word “bitch” a lot, throw in some very interested parties (ahem, competing drug dealers), and chronicle one cancer-stricken man’s sudden rise and fall as a drug kingpin (not to mention having a brother-in-law that is a DEA agent) and you have some heavy material in which to chew on.
Now Sony Pictures Home Entertainment rewards the truly devoted Breaking Bad fans with an impressive Collector’s Edition Series release, set to arrive November 26th on Blu-ray containing all the extras that have appeared both with the individual season releases plus all the store exclusives. And for those who pony up to buy the Complete Series (which will be contained in a Collectible Replica Barrel!) you will get an exclusive two-hour documentary that is special to this release only.
Here’s the complete breakdown of what you can expect with Breaking Bad: The Complete Series.
The 16-disc set comes complete with all 62 episodes and more than 55 hours of special features. This includes more than two-hours of never-before-seen footage in a ground-breaking series documentary exclusively in the box set, which comes packaged in a collectible replica barrel representing part of Walter White’s dark legacy. The all-new documentary chronicles the making of the final season, from filming the first table read to the very last day on set and everything in between, including Bryan Cranston inviting the camera in to his Albuquerque living room for the first reading of the final script with Aaron Paul. The box set also contains all bonus features from previously released seasons (including retail exclusives formerly only available in select stores), a Los Pollos Hermanos apron and a collectible booklet with a letter from Gilligan, as well as a commemorative Breaking Bad challenge coin designed and created by Gilligan exclusively for this set as a token of appreciation to fans for making the Breaking Bad journey.
BREAKING BAD: THE COMPLETE SERIES Barrel Set Special Features Include:
· No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad – An all-new, exclusive two hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.
Additional bonus features include all previously released featurettes and retail exclusives:
· Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.
· Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of the season entitled “Blood Money.”
· Scene Envy – The Cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.
· Shocking Moments – The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.
· From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.
· How Will It End? – At the beginning of the season, the cast was asked to give their thoughts on how they thought the show would end.
· Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader – A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.
· Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt.
· A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman – A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.
· Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.
· Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season.
· Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.
· The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance.
· Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective – Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments.
· Ted’s Wipeout – In Episode 411, “Crawl Space,” Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.
· The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode “Bullet Points.”
· Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the sequence where Walt indulges in some crazy stunt driving in Walt Jr.’s Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were created.
BREAKING BAD: THE FINAL SEASON Blu-ray Includes:
· “Blood Money” Table Read – A rare look at the only final season Breaking Bad table read.
BREAKING BAD: THE FINAL SEASON Blu-ray & DVD Include:
· Cast and Crew Commentaries on Every Episode
· 4 Featurettes
o The Main Event
o The Final Showdown
o Life of a Show Runner
o Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending
· Alternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.
· Deleted & Extended Scenes
· Gag Reel
· Walt’s Confession
· The Layers of a Sound Mix
· Over 15 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad
· Uncensored and Extended Episodes
Tags: breaking bad, Bryan Cranston, Walter White