Spoilers for Season 2 of CW’s Arrow follow.
In this week’s Crucible episode, we had the on-screen confirmation of what a CW exec revealed earlier: that actress Caity Lotz’s mild-mannered secret identity is none other than Sarah Lance. She was seemingly doomed on the Queen’s Gambit ship shortly before Oliver Queen began his five year “stay” on the Island.
We also learned a few other Sarah Lance / Black Canary related things in Crucible:
- Oliver Queen knew that Sarah Lance didn’t die on the ship. She actually seemingly “died” on the Island later. He kept this quiet because Laurel would never speak to him if she knew what really happened.
- Oliver and Sarah unmask for each other. Sarah knew Oliver was The Hood (now The Arrow in Season 2) when she first started reading about his exploits.
- Sarah asks Oliver what happened to Slade (Wilson a.k.a. Deathstroke) from the Island, to which Oliver changes the subject. Perhaps Slade had something to do with her seeming death of the Island? No mention of Shado though. Hmmm.
- Sarah Lance’s heroic mission is to ensure women don’t get abused by men and she is watching over her sister Laurel Lance.
- The episode ends with a flashback Island sequence with Sarah Lance. She is seemingly one of the mercenaries or jailers on the freighter Oliver is trapped on. So, with Stephen Amell, it looks like Caity Lotz will also traverse between Starling City modern day and Island flashback sequences.
CW has also released Caity Lotz’s unnamed super-heroine – which is clearly the Black Canary or simply Canary to CW’s The Arrow – in action in the upcoming League of Assassins episode. It is the League that seemingly trained her after her apparent death on the Island.
Thanks for reading. All feedback welcome. 🙂
Please also follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr via the below direct links.
Tags: Arrow, Black Canary, DC Comics, DC Entertainment, Green Arrow, Ra's al Ghul, Stephen Amell