1. I’m going back and forth on how I feel about Punk and Daniel Bryan going their separate ways to their respective feuds. I love them as a team but I’m also glad their each on their own and that their feuds are getting a little bit more specific (although that really applies more to the Bryan/Wyatts story).
2. That Dolph and Sandow match was a little short for my liking, especially for Dolph losing that cleanly after a 3 week feud. Good that they haven’t totally forgotten about Sandow after the MitB debacle but bad for Ziggles and his decline.
3. Say what you will about the new Bad News Barrett, but kudos to the JBL and Cole Show for temporarily salvaging Wade Barrett’s career.
4. So is Brodus being a heel for being possessive or a face for being possessive? I truly don’t care one way or the other but I do know that 9 out of 10 dinosaur experts would highly disapprove of that jacket Brodus wore to the ring. That 10th doctor probably loves dubstep.
5. Not even the fact that this tattoo was a dead giveaway that we had a replacement Sin Cara tonight but it was more due to the “real” Sin Cara checking into a restaurant in Mexico on Four Square not 20 minutes after his match in OKC. Sin Cara even botches the fact that he’s not there. But really, I do hope they stick with Hunico as Sin Cara, everyone will be better off in the long run, they’ll get another masked face, far less botches and Hunico probably won’t give up on a match due to a sprained finger.
6. It will be a long time before I’m tired of CoDust facing Shield. It makes no sense at all considering Shield focusing on Punk right now but I’ll overlook WWE’s lack of consistency this one time.
7. CM Punk was such a good heel that he even sells not being a decent singer back when he sung Happy Birthday to Mysterio’s daughter. But the truth is, that was a great rendition of “I Feel Pretty.” Move over Darren Criss, Punk will be leading The New Directions to regionals this year.
8. I was a little excited to see the return of dancing Mark Henry but I was disappointed when he didn’t pull out Blair’s favorite.
9. Even after this whole Titus thing, I still catch grief from people when I don’t watch Smackdown? Shame on all of you and a pox on all of your houses.
10. I hate it when I have to agree with Cena but he essentially recited every complaint I’ve had with Orton over the entirety of his career. He’s incredibly talented and makes everything look easy and that isn’t helped by him looking bored during some matches or forgetting his lines during a live promo. And as always, the contract signing ended in redundant chaos. However, I was more worried about the contract signing table getting flipped over and how it could cause a Million Dollar Baby situation. Also, as many pointed out, they need to stop with this “First Time Ever” nonsense. I know they’re referring to a Unification TLC match but they don’t always specify it like that. But this is WWE that I’m talking about, playing fast and loose is kinda their thing.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, brodus clay, chris sanders, cm punk, codust, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, goldust, hunico, john cena, Mark Henry, randy orton, Raw, Shield, sin cara, titus o'neil, Wade Barrett, WWE, wyatt family