Hey everyone! It’s been quite awhile since I offered up a regular long form column, but what better time to do so than this time of year that is usually reserved for reflection and resolutions.
And since we’ve all done enough reflections on 2013 right here at Inside Pulse Wrestling, I figured I’d focus on the resolutions part of the equation here.
So, without further ado, I give to you Five Wrestling New Year’s Resolutions for WWE in 2014:
1. Make Better/Any Use of Corporate Kane: The Corporate Kane swerve started off red hot … and then nothing — and I mean NOTHING — has happened since. Was this a dead end all along, or does WWE actually have a plan laid out that includes Corporate Kane being a major factor in 2014? Either way, something has to give here, otherwise what was the point?
2. Give Us the Big Payoff for Daniel Bryan’s Underdog/Anti-Authority Storyline at WrestleMania XXX: There has been endless discussion about what WWE has been doing with Daniel Bryan, and all I can say is that the payoff will be worth the wait if his story builds to what I believe is the ONLY logical conclusion:
At WrestleMania XXX, Daniel Bryan will leave New Orleans as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
Now, if Bryan is never made the Unified Champ and he is never fully awarded the top prize, then I’ll be complaining just like everyone else who knows that he deserves a chance at the very top of the mountain in WWE. I do *think* it will happen, but let’s hope WWE is resolved for it to happen as well in 2014.
3. Don’t Waste Batista’s Return and Road To WrestleMania Run: With Batista’s return to WWE for a Road to WrestleMania run reported last week, my first thought was this: DO NOT WASTE HIS COMEBACK.
I just hope whatever storyline they have penciled in is as fun and entertaining as Batista’s exit was back when he feuded with Rey Mysterio and John Cena before he left the first time around.
Also, I don’t want this big return to impact the booking decisions for the WWE World title in the sense that I still want Daniel Bryan to win the top prize at Mania.
Ultimately, I’m glad to have Batista back but I just want them to use him wisely and I don’t want him being booked to win the title over Mah Boy D-Bry right there.
4. Book Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX:
Reports have indicated that Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker is likely to happen this year at WrestleMania XXX, and I am definitely on board with this plan if those reports are true.
Brock vs. Taker will generate a ton of interest and I truly believe their match is just too great of an opportunity to pass up or wait any longer on doing.
5. Keep the Tag Team Division Strong Even Though Some Breakups Could Be Coming:
I absolutely love the fact that WWE has strengthened their tag team division this year. The Shield, the Rhodes Brothers and the Usos have all been very solid, and other teams like the Wyatts, the Real Americans and the Prime Time Players have backed them up nicely. You also have Los Matadores and 3MB for lower card fodder and a few decent makeshift teams in Ryback and Curtis Axel, Big Show and Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry and Big E Langston that have emerged recently. And even all of that doesn’t even include Xavier Woods and R-Truth!
Now, we all know that some of these tag teams breaking up in 2014 is inevitable, especially since The Shield have started to show signs of dissension and people are still clamoring for Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust in a singles feud at some point.
What I would like to see is sustained success for the WWE tag team division even if two of their top teams do disband next year, and with all of the talent and time at their disposal, there’s no reason other than Vince McMahon’s whims that would prohibit this from happening in 2014.
Well, those are my Five Wrestling New Year’s Resolutions for WWE in 2014, and now it’s your turn! Let me know what you think of my ideas and feel free to share your own in the comments section below!
That’s all from me — CB.
Tags: batista, Brock Lesnar, CB's World, Cody Rhodes, Corporate Kane, Daniel Bryan, goldust, kane, pulse wrestling, The Shield, undertaker, wrestlemania, WrestleMania XXX, wrestling, WWE