1. I love the way they kicked off Raw. The WWE knew CM Punk was going to be an issue. That’s been obvious for a week (or even more) now. By having such an influential “CM Punk” guy in Paul Heyman to address the situation and just not ignore it but choose the best of two evils, they avoided looking ignorant & instead worked it into the already established Brock Lesnar/Undertaker storyline.
2. Awesome moment seeing the Usos win the WWE Tag Team Championships. It’s been a long time coming and it just seemed like all the stars aligned tonight. Great moment for the second generation brothers who’ve really worked their asses off the last couple of years.
3. From Seth Rollins aerial demonstration to Dean Ambrose’s chaotic streak and Roman Reigns sudden domination, each member of The Shield were able to showcase just a little bit of what they’re capable of as singles’ stars. A split is imminent so throwing spots like these into their matches are a nice taste of what’s to come.
4. If there was ever going to be a match where Chicago was going to start chanting for CM Punk again, it’s Sheamus vs Christian.
5. I thought of an interesting theory the other day. So Hulk Hogan is “hosting” WrestleMania 30. When The Rock “hosted” WrestleMania, he was able to restart the WWE Championship match between John Cena and The Miz when it ended on a count-out. So hear me out: Triple H versus Daniel Bryan takes place and Bryan pins Triple H clean. Undertaker & Brock Lesnar takes place and then Randy Orton & Batista make their entrances. Cue “Real American” where Hogan comes out onto the stage and says that the ring looks a little empty. Daniel Bryan’s music hits and Hogan puts him into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. Bryan wins cleanly and walks out of WrestleMania XXX with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
6. No John, stop trying to be cute with this crowd. You’re just making it worse.
7. The segment between Randy Orton and Batista, as well as how the main event played out makes my prediction for WrestleMania XXX so much more logical. Going out on a full limb – Daniel Bryan beats Triple H and then gets inserted into the main event, walking out with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Tags: batista, Brock Lesnar, christian, cm punk, Daniel Bryan, dean ambrose, Hulk Hogan, john cena, Paul Heyman, randy orton, Raw, Roman Reigns, seth rollins, sheamus, The Miz, The Rock, The Shield, the undertaker, the usos, The Wyatt Family, triple h, WrestleMania XXX, WWE, WWE RAW, WWE Tag Team Championship, WWE World Heavyweight Championship