1. The show starts with yet another reminder that Undertaker/Lesnar is happening. That’s really been the basis of this feud, in lieu of creating a story behind the reason behind them fighting, they simply use their weekly segments to remind everyone that the match is happening. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t need much motivation to watch this match but I’d like a little reasoning to go with it. I wanna be wined and dined a bit.
2. Nice of WWE to throw a Del Rio a bone this week against Big E. It seemed like yesterday that he was constantly in the main event and then is hardly seen after he jobs to Batista. I was sort of surprised to see Del Rio go over clean on the Intercontinental champ but it’s not like that’s unheard of. it practically became common place when Kofi had it.
3. So are Summer Rae and Natalya now feuding over a slap that happened way back in December when they filmed it for Total Divas? And you people have the gall to say that WWE is doing nothing with the Divas division. Shame on you.
4. The video package for HHH was really well done but I still don’t know how I feel about it. Either it was a mass burial of all those featured in the video or it was more of “look at all the great men HHH has beaten, what makes you any better than them?” sort of thing. Either way, it was another segment to make sure people don’t forget Randy and Batista are in the main event too. Also, WWE is trying to stack up more and more things to make it less obvious that Daniel Bryan is going to beat HHH.
5. Los Matadores used twin magic to win their match instead of their partners…you know…actual twins.
6. I really liked the sneak up spot with Cena on the Wyatt’s until Cena reveals that he was wearing jorts underneath the jumpsuit. This is why we can’t have nice things.
7. My good friend Lauren just happened to go to this week’s Raw on a whim. That’s right, a non-wrestling fan just happened to be attending one of the biggest Raws of the year just because she was in town. Anyway, she was immediately smitten and impressed with Roman Reigns’ ring abilities. That is when I realized that Lauren is living life with the correct mindset. Knowing that sort of quelled my jealousy of her getting to see Roddy Piper in person before I did.
8. Why does Kane still come to the ring wearing suit pants even when he knows he has a match? He keeps his old mask in a glass case like it’s the head of the guy that was boning Peter the Great’s wife but the thought of keeping some trunks around is unspeakable, apparently.
9. I did roll my eyes when all the participants came out during Piper’s Pit but my entertainment quota was filled with the eye poke to Miz. The only thing left to do was for Piper to make Miz feel the energy.
10. I was a little confused as to why WWE was giving 2/3 of their Wrestlemania main event away for free and a no DQ match at that. However, it was worth it for the Daniel Bryan payoff. I was pleasantly surprised to see the main even be way more physical than what I was expecting. There was a point where I reached a little bit of concern over Daniel Bryan not leaving anything in the tank for Sunday. But whatever, I’m excited for Sunday.
Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do twice,
Tags: 10 Thoughts, batista, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, HHH, john cena, kane, miz, rager, randy orton, Raw, Roddy Piper, undertaker, WWE