I’m sorry if this is a bit scattered but the cast of Star Wars VII was just announced so I took frequent breaks to look at various news articles that all say the same exact thing but that doesn’t make me any less giddy that this is actually happening. But let us move on…
1. My only complaint on the opening segment was that the part when the lights went out and the kids started singing seemed a bit too long before Bray finally showed up. But everything after him walking out and the kids following was golden in my book. Don’t get me wrong, I’m completely over “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands” as a song right now but the moment and the visuals were fantastic. Also, I do like Cena feeling like the fans have completely turned on him, it’s not a heel turn but it does feel like something different which is next to impossible for Cena these days.
2. I really don’t like saying nice things about segments that involved Ryback and Curtis Axel but their championship match against the Usos was actually pretty good…too bad it had Ryback and Curtis Axel in it (see? I still managed to turn it around).
3. There were a LOT of backstage segments with Heyman/Cesaro/RVD/Zeb/Swaggz. Okay, maybe there were only two but also added to the promo segment, the match with RVD and Barrett and then the run-in with Swaggz and Cesaro. I’m still confused about what the situation here is and RVD is being added because I’m assuming WWE needs a face somewhere in all of this. Let’s be honest, we just want to get Cesaro’s feud with Swagger over and done with so Cesaro can move on to whatever it is they have planned with he and Heyman. And Heyman’s knock knock joke was proof that his children aren’t kayfabe because that was a bad dad joke if there ever was one.
4. Just when you thought we had seen the last of Super Sheamus, he rises from the ashes and no sells Titus’ attack from behind and lays him out with a single kick. This means Titus is the next Daniel Bryan, right guys? Guys?
5. Sandeto. Hugh Jackman. I can’t. I just can’t. I truly didn’t think I had any more hope for Sandow after the MitB incident last year but turns out I did have more hope to lose and now it’s all gone after last night. The one silver lining in all this, the segment featured Ziggler and, for once, he wasn’t the one getting buried. That’s improvement, right?
6. Again, it’s apparent that the days of CoDust are numbered and it’s looking more like Cody will be the one to turn heel, which is completely fine because Cody really didn’t do anything for me as a singles heel before Goldust came back. Heel Cody has always been way more entertaining for me. Cody just needs to learn to use his personality for more than just the JBL & Cole Show. Seriously, if that was the Cody we got to see on Raw every week, I’d jump right back on the Cody bandwagon with the fervor of a thousand Brock shrieks.
7. Well, at least Rusev didn’t win with the Camel Clutch this week. Let all the comments about hot Lana is commence, you animals.
8. How about we just got some sort of reference to Team Friendship and what happened there instead of another hokey under-the-ring-Kane bit? This is almost an embrace the hate situation but without a pointless John Cena character and a Zack Ryder (Daniel Bryan) character than can actually defend himself. And apparently Brie can just wiggle and kick her way out of Kane’s grips (who also apparently lacks the ability to climb out of a hole in the ring) so needless to say that I like Bryan’s chances at Extreme Rules.
9. I’m not sure if Barrett’s ring work has gotten any better or if it’s because I’m actually paying attention to his matches now.
10. Ric Flair’s promo went a lot how I’d imagine an evening in bed with Flair would go: It was incoherent, predictable, unsatisfying, awkward and ended abruptly…does this mean Shield now owns half of whatever is left of his assets?
Tags: 10 Thoughts, alexander rusev, Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Brie Bella, Cesaro, chris sanders, Cody Rhodes, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, goldust, john cena, kane, Lana, Paul Heyman, rager, Raw, Ric Flair, RVD, ryback, sheamus, titus o'neil, WWE