Pumpkinhead allowed special effects wizard Stan Winston to make his own brand of horror rather than making creatures for other directors. He came up with a ghastly beast with a title worth reviving each Halloween. Pumpkinhead spooks the screen from it’s humid Southern birthplace. It’s a fine frightening film which shall only look even more scary on Blu-ray. Scream Factory is putting out Pumpkinhead (The Collector’s Edition) on Sept 9 so you can have the film ready for you Spooky season viewing. Here’s the press release from Scream Factory:
SCREAM FACTORY™ PRESENTS
PUMPKINHEAD (COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
ON BLU-RAY SEPTEMBER 9, 2014
For each of man’s evils a special demon exists…
Los Angeles, CA – Scream Factory has announced an September 9 Blu-ray release of a horror favorite featuring one of the scariest movie monsters of all time, Pumpkinhead (Collector’s Edition). The release includes several bonus features including new interviews.
When a group of teenagers inadvertently kill his only son, Ed Harley (Lance Henriksen, Aliens) seeks the powers of a backwoods witch to bring the child back to life. But instead, she invokes “the pumpkinhead” – a monstrously clawed demon which, once reborn, answers only to Ed’s bloodlust. But as the creature wreaks it’s slow, unspeakable tortures on the teens, Ed confronts a horrifying secret about his connection to the beast – and realizes that he must find a way to stop its deadly mission before he becomes one with the creature forever.
Also starring Jeff East (Deadly Blessing), Joel Hoffman (Slumber Party Massacre II) and Kerry Remsen (A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge), this “atmospheric, moralistic tale” (TV Guide) delivers demonic horror at its blood-drenched best.
Pumpkinhead Special Features:
• NEW – REMEMBERING THE MONSTER KID: A TRIBUTE TO STAN WINSTON featuring new interviews with actors Lance Henriksen and Brian Bremer, special effects artists Alec Gillis, Tom Woodruff Jr. and Shannon Shea
• NEW interviews with producer Richard Weinman and actors John D’Aquino and Matthew Hurley
• Audio Commentary by Co-screenwriter Gary Gerani and Creature & FX Creators Tom Woodruff, Jr. and Alec Gillis
• PUMPKINHEAD UNEARTHED (now in HD) – a documentary on the making of PUMPKINHEAD featuring Evolution of a Demon, The Cursed and the Damned, The Torture Soul of Ed Harley, Constructing Vengeance, Razorback Holler
• Featurette: Demonic Toys
• Behind-the-Scenes Footage
• Still Gallery
• Theatrical Trailer
Tags: Pumpkinhead, Scream Factory