1. This was one of the best Survivor episodes ever. While critics have called this season boring, I honestly can’t remember a blindside being as satisfying as this one. While Natalie and Missy should receive a lot of the credit, I want to start by singing the praises of the editors once again. I was 100% that Jon was this year’s winner. I have no problem admitting that and I have said it through the season in this very column. With his constant fond memories of his father and his relationship with Jaclyn being a key focal point, I really couldn’t see how anyone else being named the Sole Survivor. Now everything is discombobulated and every Survivor fan owes the San Juan del Sur editors a pat on the back.
2. I didn’t think Missy had it in her to make the big move and turn against Jon. Once again, the editors focused on her talking about how loyal she was at tribal council and this threw us all of the scent. Whatever hope I had of a tie vote was dispelled by Missy’s claim of her unbreakable bond with Jon only to see her agree to Natalie’s plan. Phenomenal television. Sons of Anarchy could have learned a thing or two about how to not give everything away as it makes the ending that much sweeter.
3. What happens with Jon’s idol? Did he tell Jaclyn where it was? Did he take it with him? Will another one be inserted into the game this late?
4. I know I speak for most fans when I say that Keith has now propelled himself as everyone’s second favorite. We all know who the first is.
5. Speaking of Natalie, what an incredible story arc this season. She loses her sister. She loses her closest ally. She gives up her rewards. She volunteers to go to Exile Island on numerous occasions. Let’s call a spade a spade. She is playing one of the best singular Survivor games ever and the only travesty bigger than her not winning this season would be her not taking home the Fan Favorite vote.
6. One of my biggest pet peeves about Survivor is how they attach ‘blindside’ to every tribal council that takes place. In fact, it is one of the most misused words in Survivor history. That said, tonight we all learned what a blindside truly looked like and I already want to watch it again.
7. Natalie and Keith’s next best move is to take out Baylor. Split up her voting bloc with Missy and then carry the injured player to the end.
8. Can you believe Natalie pulled it off? I honestly can’t. Unbelievable.
9. I am not sure if the finale can be as exciting as tonight’s episode was. The bar has been set very high for next week.
10. See you at the Reality Super Bowl!
Tags: Survivor San Juan Del Sur