- Batman and Robin #40 – Super-Robin!
- Deathstroke #6 – Loving Tony Daniel’s take.
- Earth 2 World’s End #25, New 52 Futures End #47, and Multiversity: Ultra Comics #1 – The road to Convergence continues.
- Flash #40 – Future Flash sets up return of Professor Zoom post-Convergence?
- Infinity Man and the Forever People #9 – Jack Kirby inspired goodness. Sad to see this end.
- Jem and the Holograms #1 – I may pick this one up for the wife. She doesn’t read comics, but loved the 1980’s cartoon back in the day.
- Sinestro #11 – A well drawn book with compelling storyline. Thal Sinestro effectively anchors his own title.
- Valiant #4 – Love those Valiant team books.
- Secret Origins #11 – Just love getting more layers added onto characters via this format. This book ends with this issue.
- Gotham Academy #6 – My favorite book from DC right now. Of course, it’s one of three DC books I’m pulling…
- Gotham Academy Endgame #1 – I don’t like Synder’s run on Batman or his current take on the Joker. I do however like Gotham Academy and I think the team can take something less than impressive and mike a diamond out of it. Here’s hoping my optimism pays off.
- Gotham By Midnight #5 – SPECTRE! Great series. I normally don’t like Templesmith’s art, but it’s wonderful here (and in Hellraiser). It’s a fantastic story too. I just keep waiting for Jason Blood to show up.
- Justice League Dark #40 – Last issue. Thus ends the last series I had kept up with since the start of the New 52. It also drops me to two DC series a month. Of course, all that changes next month with Convergence. Hopefully J.M. lets this series go out on a high note…unlike Trinity of Sin which was six months of disappointment.
- Quantum & Woody Must Die #3 – Hilarious series. This will not let me down. i do love my goofy super hero comics. (says the guy pulling Gotham By Midnight and JLDark)
- The Valiant #4 – A fantastic mini series. Sorry to see it end.
- Darth Vader #3. No way I miss this comic. Only two issues so far, but it’s already near the top of my favorites list.
- Daredevil #15. Mark Waid is nailing it with his Daredevil run, and I’ve yet to be disappointed with this latest series.
- Elektra #11. I am going to miss this series. Even when the story is a bit hard to follow sometimes, Michael Del Mundo’s art has more than made up for it. Really, a gorgeous book.
- Secret Avengers #14. Also, like Elektra, the story can be a bit convoluted, but damn have I enjoyed it! Sad to see this series ending.
- She-Hulk TPB, Volume 2: Disorderly Conduct. Since I read this series as it was released, I won’t be picking up the TPB, but I encourage anybody who hasn’t read She-Hulk’s latest run to check this out. Top-notch comic.
- Batman Eternal #51 – I have to start right here. The ending of issue 50 where we seem to finally have the mastermind revealed was kind of brilliant. And it makes a ton of sense, it was the one element of the story that seemed not to fit quite right. Hopefully next issue will lay down the clues on how this all happened.
- Black Hood #2 – Loved the first issue of this series. Shame Archie has been having some delays on their more mature books, but Black Hood issue 2 coming out so quickly gives me a lot of hope.
- Dream Police #6 – I really need to stop reading series by JMS. I hate the way they just unexpectedly vanish. But Dream Police has been great, so I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
- Powers #2 – Powers is off to a real bad start in terms of getting issues out on time. Kind of a shame since I have been looking forward to actually reading Powers on a monthly basis again. I really just need to stick to trades on this series. It is just more satisfying…
- Autumnlands Tooth And Claw #5 – Tooth and Claw has been a sleeper hit for me. Image really seems to have a handle on making unique comics, and you don’t get more unique than this one. It’s a story about a world full of anthromophic animals and their mysterious savior…a human.
- Nightcrawler #12 – Real bummed out that this series is coming to an end. Claremont has been back in form in this series, and I always love Todd Nauck’s art.
- Multiversity Ultra Comics #1 – Multiversity has been great for the most part. This comic seems to be at the heart of the many problems with the Multiverse, and I’m real curious how this comic will read. In Multiversity, this is an evil comic spreading disaster wherever it goes. So basically the variant cover of Batgirl 41…
- Skullkickers #31 – Jim Zub’s very funny fantasy series returns from hiatus for its last story arc. This book has gotten a little strange, with more alternate dimensions than Convergence, but it’s always a good time.
- Effigy #3 – This new Vertigo series, written by Tim Seeley and drawn by Marley Zarcone, has impressed me. It blends celebrity culture and fan obsession with ritualistic killing and now a Scientology-like cult.
- Uncanny X-Men #32 – In the last issue, Brian Michael Bendis erased a few of his own plotlines, and then had Cyclops dissolve his school. I’m curious to see how the ramifications of this are going to play out, and what, if any, role Havok is going to play post-Axis. Of course, this is a Bendis book, so we could get a whole issue of Magik and Emma Frost having a coffee.
- The Valiant #4 – This has been one of the best event series ever, as it’s kept itself focused and has delivered one satisfying moment after the other. I can’t wait to see how it all ends.
- Wytches #5 – Wytches has been very creepy, and very, very good.
- AQUAMAN #40
- BATMAN & ROBIN #40
- BATMAN ETERNAL #51 (of 52)
- DAREDEVIL #14
- DEATHSTROKE #6
- FLASH #40
- GOTHAM ACADEMY #6
- GOTHAM by MIDNIGHT #5
- JEM and the HOLOGRAMS #1
- MULTIVERSITY: ULTRA COMICS
- NEW AVENGERS #32
- PASTAWAYS #1
- SECRET ORIGINS #11
Just when Jeff Parker & Paul Pelletier were hitting their stride with the King of the Seven Seas, their run is ending too soon. Despite a hefty 15 issues under their belts, it does not suffice!! I want to see Arthur kick ass every single time and fortify his relationship with Mera and the Atlanteans. No dis towards Cullen Bunn, but my bucks stop here. *sniff*
BATMAN & ROBIN #40
Another outstanding epic brought to a halt. This title had the same creative team from issue #1 until now (not counting the villain spotlights relating to FOREVER EVIL). Although Damian will graduate to his own first-ever on-going, I don’t want Peter Tomasi to abandon ship. Patrick Gleason, I’m looking forward to seeing you flex your writing muscles and carrying the torch!!!
BATMAN ETERNAL #51 (of 52)
Last week’s surprise revelation might be a total fake-out. Either way, there are only two more issues of this year-long sprawling saga. The finale better be beyond spectacular.
JEM and the HOLOGRAMS #1
Never watched the toon. I swear!! However, I’m curious enough to look over this book top to bottom, side to side. Plus, with a live action movie in the works, turn down for what!!
MULTIVERSITY: ULTRA COMICS
The last of the one-shots but penultimate chapter in Mr. Morrison’s universe-spanning/time-shaking saga. Let all the meta-commentaries come to light! I’m sure this will explain once and for all the significance of the comic book that is key to saving the myriad multiverse.
Matt Kindt’s mind is a minefield of unbridled imagination!! I’ll whet my appetite with this one. I hope no one else thinks of this as a CHRONONAUTS rip-off.
Tags: Pull List Roundtable