As part of Live Alliance’s mission to deliver the five historic live broadcasts of “Fare Thee Well: Celebrating 50 Year of Grateful Dead” to as many people as possible – through their exclusive partnership with MLBAM who is encoding the stream – the live video production company, Peter Shapiro and Madison House Presents will enable fans to watch the webcast on YouTube at youtube.com/dead50. The stream will be available to stream on almost any YouTube connected device – including Android, iOS, Chromecast, Apple TV, Samsung and Panasonic Smart TVs, Xbox360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and WiiU.
Fans can purchase the webcast on YouTube for $19.95/night for the Santa Clara shows on June 27 and 28, and $29.95/night for the Chicago shows on July 3, 4, and 5. The webcast will be encoded by MLBAM’s industry-leading live streaming video technology through an exclusive partnership with Live Alliance.
Here are some of the platforms where fans can watch or listen to the live broadcasts:
- Webcast (including VOD) – For fans looking to access all five live broadcasts of Fare Thee Well, a subscription for online streaming will be available, powered by MLBAM’s industry-leading live streaming video technology. Fans can purchase the livestream at www.Dead50.net, which will be available for all-you-can-eat, on-demand viewing for 30 days. For more details click here: http://bit.ly/dead50payperview.
- Webcast on YouTube Connected Devices – For fans looking to access all five live broadcasts of Fare Thee Well on a variety of devices, including mobile, desktop, Chromecast, and Apple TV, click here: youtube.com/dead50
- Satellite TV– Direct TV and Dish subscribers can purchase the live broadcast of the final Chicago shows on-demand (Direct TV: July 4, 5; Dish: July 3, 4, 5). Event premieres at 7pmwith a countdown show (depending on the provider/system, the event may not be available until approximately 2 hours before the event start). For details visit Dead50.net/watch-listen
- Cable TV– Cable subscribers in the U.S. and Canada can purchase the live broadcast of the three final Chicago shows – July 3, 4, and 5 – on-demand. Event premieres at 7pm with a countdown show (depending on the provider/system, the event may not be available until approximately 2 hours before the event start). For details visit Dead50.net/watch-listen
- Satellite Radio– SiriusXM subscribers who tune in to the Grateful Dead Channel will have complete access to a live audio stream of the three final Chicago shows – July 3, 4, and 5. For more details click here: www.siriusxm.com/faretheewell
- Commercial Stream– Venue owners can purchase the live broadcast of the three final Chicago shows – July 3, 4, and 5 – to screen to the public. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of these options are available for purchase now, while others will be made available over the next 10 days. Visit dead50.net for information on how to purchase the broadcast on any of these platforms. Also, to stay up to date on everything related to “Fare Thee Well,” subscribe to the newsletter here, which is currently offering subscribers a chance to win one of 30 five-night webcast packages.
“Fare Thee Well: Celebrating 50 Years of Grateful Dead” – taking place June 27 and 28 in Santa Clara, CA, and July 3, 4, and 5 in Chicago – will feature the four original members of the Grateful Dead, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, and Bob Weir, reuniting for their last-ever performances together. The concerts will take place nearly 20 years to the day of the last Grateful Dead concert with Jerry Garcia, and the band will be joined by Trey Anastasio (guitar), Jeff Chimenti (keyboards), and Bruce Hornsby (piano).
Tags: Grateful Dead