Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced the Blu-ray release of director Colin Trevorrow’s Jurassic World, the fourth film in the Jurassic Park franchise, a franchise that had been stagnant for fourteen years. Shattering box office records its opening weekend, the film, which stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy, BD Wong, Judy Greer and Irrfan Khan, will make its arrival to Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D in combo packs on October 20, 2015.
Synopsis: Twenty-two years have passed since the events of the disastrous Jurassic Park preview opening. The failure of the park borne an even bigger and enormously popular attraction on Isla Nubar: Jurassic World. To keep attendance high, the park operators introduce a new, genetically modified hybrid creature called Indominus Rex. Bigger, stronger and far more intelligent than any dinosaur that ever walked the earth; the secretive new breed also proves more dangerous than anyone ever anticipated. When the creature escapes it causes a chain of other calamtous events as chaos erupts across the island. To save the day it’s up to Now it’s up to Owen (Chris Pratt), an ex-military expert in animal behavior, and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) to save the park’s tourists from an all-out prehistoric assault.
The Blu-ray release of Jurassic World is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. Special features on the 2D and 3D editions include:
• WELCOME TO JURASSIC WORLD: An in-depth take on the creation, look and feel of Jurassic World. Director Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg discuss how the idea of the film came together and how the casting was decided with actors’ commentary on their roles and filming locations.
• JURASSIC WORLD: ALL-ACCESS PASS: Chris Pratt and Director Colin Trevorrow discuss key moments in the film, supported by behind-the-scenes footage and VFX breakdowns.
• INNOVATION CENTER TOUR WITH CHRIS PRATT: Chris Pratt gives a tour of the Innovation Center, a museum/exhibit, built just for the movie.
• JURASSIC’S CLOSEST SHAVES: Clips from all films in the franchise showing “near death” or extremely scary encounters with dinosaurs.
• DINOSAURS ROAM ONCE AGAIN: Behind the scenes look at the making of Jurassic World’s visual effects, how the dinosaurs came to life, and actors filmed scenes.
• CHRIS & COLIN TAKE ON THE WORLD: Chris Pratt and Colin Trevorrow (Director) interview each other and discuss Jurassic World as well as the other Jurassic Park movies.
• DELETED SCENES