1. Poor Adam Rose. What did he do to deserve this crappy gimmick? Bring back Leo Kruger…
2. Color me surprised, but Bull Dempsey was actually entertaining tonight. Oh, and he looks a lot better in a t-shirt than a pair of old school tights.
3. Tye Dillinger is working the Perfect 10 gimmick, but his match against Davey Birch wasn’t particularly memorable, and his finisher sort of sucks.
4. I like Solomon Crowe, but I don’t like his chances against Apollo Crews (who doesn’t get an entrance – WTF NXT?). In the end the emo warrior got more offense than I expected, but Crews came back with the impressive Crews Combination for the pin and the three count.
5. While Baron Corbin has been showing some improvement in the ring recently, and Rhyno is always reliable, I’d love to see Ciampa and Gargano go over here. But I know that it’s probably not going to happen…
6. Really good match with Ciampa and Gargano playing the tough underdogs fighting bigger and stronger opponents, and while I would have preferred a different finish I can’t complain about how they got there.
7. Love the Vaudvillains. ‘What a wench.’ Gold.
8. Bayley vs Sarah Dobson was another example of how NXT does Divas matches better than Raw. Sarah looked strong on debut, Bayley played the plucky fighting champ and there was no bullshit interference from the outside.
9. Sasha Banks gave a great promo with genuine emotion, and the rematch between her and Bayley has the potential to be a 5 star match. Iron woman indeed…
10. Another strong episode of NXT, with the Dusty Classic providing the centerpiece for an entertaining show. My former ‘most hated’ Dempsey and Corbin are both showing flickers of improvement, while Apollo Crews and the Divas continue to deliver in the ring.
Tags: apollo crews, bayley, JT on NXT, Vaudvillains