1. It’s NXT time and we kick off with Enzo, Cass and Carmella, making a catchphrase-free entrance because they’re intense, man. They’re facing Hollis and Skylar, who look more like local jobbers than training centre standouts. Essentially a squash match with Big Cass doing most of the work.
2. So Enzo is ripping off Kevin Owens now? Everyone has to feed their family, mate. It’s just not a compelling story for multiple wrestlers in the same company at the same time. Cass does a better job at hyping their match against Dash & Dawson at Takeover London, but I still can’t see them as long term champs.
3. Emma and Dana interview was interesting, pointing out how long Emma has been hanging around NXT. Could the Emmalution be the thing to get her over?
4. Deonna Purrazzo from New Jersey is facing Asuka from Japan, and I don’t like the Garden State’s chances. Solid match with some nice chain wrestling, right up until Emma and Dana enter for the distraction. As Deonna tries to take advantage, Asuka casually knocks her out with a spin kick, barely taking her attention off Emma. Nice.
5. Blake, Murphy and Bliss have new outfits that inspired by Freddy Kruger, and they’re facing the Hype Bros, who I’m starting to like a lot more after watching Breaking Ground.
6. I know I’ve said it before, but if you’re not watching Breaking Ground, you’re missing out. The Shatner narration alone is worth the price of admission.
7. It’s Bayley! The faciest face in NXT is facing Aussie Peyton Royce, who seems to have a fancy new snake-themed entrance and character. This was the best match I’ve seen so far from Royce, matched by the usual five star performance from Bayley. I’m looking forward to her match against Nia Jax at Takeover.
7. Nia Jax has heat just by standing next to Eva Marie, but I’m not sure it’s the right sort of heat to get over. Bring on the inevitable moment when she turns on Eva and absolutely obliterates her.
8. Balor & Crews vs Joe and Corbin has great potential, which is more than you can say for most matches featuring the Lone Wolf.
9. Good match from all four men, with Joe and Balor setting up their Takeover match like pros and Crews working hard to keep Corbin from looking bad.
10. Superb episode of NXT this week, the perfect build up to Takeover London. Are you watching this, Raw writers? If not you f**king should be…
Tags: Baron Corbin, JT on NXT, Nia Jax, Samoa Joe