1. Even when a “RAW” isn’t so great, if the crowd is entertaining, I can make it through a three-hour episode. The Brooklyn crowd did not let me down, and thankfully reinforced a lot of my feelings about the current product.
2. Since it’s a rare treat these days, it’s always great to see Vince McMahon back on-camera…in small doses. His acting has gotten progressively-worse over the years. Getting heat from repeatedly saying “Happy New Year,” yep. Also, there have been too many arrest storylines over the past year or two.
3. New Day got the monstrous reaction they deserved. WWE should have known better than to put them against the most babyface of tag-teams.
4. Similar situation with Sasha Banks. The tail end of the match with Becky Lynch was exciting, but much of it deserved the “boring” chant it got.
5. The six-man tag match was “Smackdown”-tastic.
6. The League Of Nations are a talented group, but too much “go away” heat. The Del Rio match with Cena was surprisingly strong when considering the reaction that Cena came out to.
7. The Miz TV segment was awful, as expected. I’m excited for the “Royal Rumble” but not as a result of those promos. Some of those crowdreactions (e.g. Zack Ryder, Heath Slater) were much stronger those received from people on the upper-card tonight.
8. Kudos to Big Show for responding to the “Please retire” chant.
9. On a positive note, the Lemmy tribute was a nice touch, especially when considering the quick turn-around.
10. In conclusion, “NXT” is still a lot better than “RAW.”
Tags: 10 thoughts on raw