It’s a live episode of TNA Impact! The main event is set as a World Title match between Matt Hardy and EC3. Let’s get to it!
1. Jeff Hardy vs. Eric Young has a new stipulation added – the winner is added to the main event. Jeff wins and now it will be a three way dance for the title. Hmmmmm.
2. I’m always nervous when someone tries to feud the Hardy Boys against each other, but there is something less bad about it this time. I enjoyed the fact that despite feuding, Jeff was fine holding Maxell.
3. In a mixed tag, Drew Galloway and Gail Kim took on the First Lady of Professional Wrestling Maria and her partner Mike Bennett. The heels won but Gail took the pin.
4. Jessie Godderz did some hilarious live tweeting of the show
5. Lashley came out for his first heel promo since turning last week against Kurt Angle. He said he’d beat up anyone “in his ring” and since the interview was being conducted by Josh Matthews, he pushed Josh down. Then THE POPE came in for the save! Lashley laid him out. It seemed like it might be building a match, but it could also be them writing the Pope off of TV. Jeremy Borash came in “from the bullpen” to substitute with Josh the rest of the show.
6. Six person tag pits Beer Money and Eddie Edwards against Decay – Abyss, Crazzy Steve and Rosemary. They were creative about working around Rosemary, not at all like the intergender matches in Lucha Underground.
7. It is still surreal to see Billy Corgan, as himself as a wrestling character, in scenes with wrestlers. He had this amazing backstage segment with Grado. Billy Corgan discussing a briefcase ladder match with a British comedy wrestler is why we all watch wrestling.
8. My main man E LI DRAKE cut a great promo, and then had a solid ladder match with Grado.
9. The main event ended up being a huge TNA style main event schmozz with a ton of guys running out. Besides Tyrus and Rockstar Spud, Eric Young, Bram and then Mike Bennett came down to attack EC3 with some WEAK CHAIR SHOTS apparently setting a program. Matt retains!
10. Oh but wait, we have a briefcase folks. Drew Galloway comes down and cashes in his briefcase, and ladies and gentlemen, we have a NEW TNA Champion! I did not expect that to happen, but then again I didn’t really make any predictions. Good for Drew, he has really excelled since leaving WWE and is a much better champion than Matt Hardy.
A very solid show with good booking up and down. With Drew losing earlier in the night, as well as being attacked last week by Lashley, he now has three solid heel challengers already set up – Matt Hardy, Mike Bennet and Lashley.
Nothing much promoted for next week outside of a Beer Money open challenge for the TNA Tag Belts.