Here are the results for the July and August NXT shows heading into Summerslam weekend.
July 27th Episode:
* Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Blake. Okay match, Blake got a decent amount of offense. Shinsuke wins with the Kinsasha.
* William Regal announces Shinsuke Nakamura vs. NXT Champion Samoa Joe for the “Takeover: Back to Brooklyn” main event.
* Billie Kay defeated Santana Garrett. Santana got in a good bit of offense and looked good. Billie won with a stiff kick to the face.
* TM-61 defeated Adrian Nails and Rob Ryzin. This was a showcase match for TM-61, who picked up the quick win with their double team move.
* No Way Jose defeated Steve Cutler in a quick squash.
* After the match, Jose cuts a fired up promo about how all he wanted to show Austin Aries was the fun he brings to NXT. Joe says Aries took advantage of him and when he showed him what he could turn his fiesta into, Aries turned into a coward. Jose says next time they meet, he will whoop Aries’ ass.
* WWE Cruiserweight Classic competitor Kota Ibushi defeated Murphy in a great match. Ibushi received a huge pop and won with the sitout powerbomb. This may have been a dark match.
* Samoa Joe comes out for a promo and says the title match with Shinsuke Nakamura at Takeover will not happen since William Regal didn’t consult him. Joe calls Nakamura an undeserving contender. Regal comes out and says his decision is final. Joe says he had to jump through hoops to get the title and Regal needs to correct his disrespect towards him, and they need to discuss his opponent. Regal says if Joe doesn’t accept the fight, he forfeits the title. Joe says he will hand Regal nothing and that match will happen, but this is the biggest mistake Regal has ever made. Joe says if he sees Nakamura before Takeover, Nakamura won’t make it there. Nakamura interrupts and taunts Joe from the stage. Nakamura leaves while Joe stands in the ring confused.
August 3rd Episode:
* Hideo Itami defeated CWC competitor Sean Maluta. Itami received huge “welcome back” chants. This was a good match and a nice showing for Maluta. Itami won with the running single-leg dropkick.
* Backstage segment with Bayley. She says it’s time for her to adapt and prepare for NXT Women’s Champion Asuka. Bayley says she’s been watching Asuka. Asuka interrupts and tells Bayley to watch first hand.
* Asuka defeated Aliyah. Before the match, Asuka took a chair and put it at the bottom of the ramp, then dared Bayley to come sit in it. Bayley folded the chair up and watched from ringside. Asuka kicked Aliyah in mid-air but stopped the count at two so she could apply the Asuka Lock for the win. She doesn’t let the hold go, prompting Bayley to come in and break it up. Asuka taunts Bayley with the belt as she checks on Aliyah. Bayley helps Aliyah to the back.
* Bobby Roode comes out for a promo and says the wait is finally over, and he is NXT. He says Dallas showed him NXT was for him. He says the phrase “We Are NXT” applies to the fans too. Roode says he’s here to take NXT and the fans to the next level and that NXT and the fans need Bobby Roode. He’s the man to expand the brand and make it a global powerhouse. He will be featured on billboards, commercials, and everywhere. He will make NXT a better place. Roode says presidents, vice presidents and businessmen will soon fill the NXT Arena, not the loser fans here right now. He says he’s a superstar because he looks and acts like one. Roode ends it by saying he is at the helm of the new NXT, and from here on, NXT will be.
* NXT Tag Team Champions Dash and Dawson defeated TM-61 in a good match. CWC competitors Tony Nese, Drew Gulk and Zack Sabre Jr. were brought to ringside for this match. The Revival gets the win when Dash pulls Shane off the apron, leading to Nick chasing him around the ring but Dawson hit him with a DDT when he came back in. After the match, the champions cut a promo running down who they’ve beat. They’re interrupted by Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano, who come out wearing their Pro Wrestling Tees shirts. They do comedy, including some Pokemon jokes. They want to college the NXT Tag Team Titles and say The Revival hasn’t beat them. Dash and Dawson tell them to go back to their basements. A brawl breaks out, and Gargano and Ciampa hit their double team move. They cover Dash for a three count, then celebrate with the titles before laying them back down for The Revival to retrieve.
* Sabre, Nese, and Gulak are still at ringside.
* Mojo Rawley vs. Chris Atkins ended in a No Contest when Samoa Joe ran out and destroyed both men. Joe says he doesn’t feel the need to consult with William Regal when he wants to rampage allover his show. Joe promises to destroy Shinsuke Nakamura. Mojo runs back in and lays Joe out but Joe attacks him on the ramp and locks in the Clutch until referees pull him off.
August 10th Episode:
* William Regal is out for a contract signing with Bayley and NXT Women’s Champion Asuka. Bayley says she’s ready to beat Asuka. Asuka says she doesn’t have what it takes, but she respects Bayley and offers a handshake. Bayley refuses and says if Asuka doesn’t want to end up laid out like her last contract signing, she’ll put her hand down and sign the contract. Asuka signs and tries a handshake again, but Bayley slaps her hand out of the way and bumps past her on the way out of the ring. Bayley runs back in for a stare down with Asuka.
* The Authors of Pain defeated Adrian Nails and Rob Ryzin in a quick, brutal squash. They tried to continue the assault after the match but TM-61 ran down. They were also laid out. The Authors celebrate but American Alpha runs down and clears the ring with big suplexes.
* Andrade “Cien” Almas defeated Angelo Dawkins in a quick squash with a new finisher following the double knees in the corner, a facebuster while he sweeps the leg. Andrade celebrates but is interrupted by Bobby Roode. Roode claps and congratulates Andrade, not on the win, but on being Roode’s debut opponent at Takeover. Roode says he knows his “amigo” has a hard time understanding English, so he’ll tell him slowly that Takeover will be glorious.
* CWC competitors Rich Swann, Noam Dar and Jack Gallagher were at ringside for this episode.
* Billie Kay defeated Liv Morgan in a really sloppy match.
* Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa defeated Tucker Knight and Patrick Clark in a quick match.
August 17th Episode:
* Hideo Itami defeated CWC competitor Mustafa Ali. This was an okay match with a good amount of offense for Ali. Itami got the win with the running single-leg dropkick.
* Carmella, Liv Morgan and Nikki Glencross defeated Daria, Mandy Rose and Alexa Bliss. Not a bad match really. The heels beat up on Liv until she got the hot tag to Carmella. The faces got the win when Carmella reverses a pin into her submission.
* NXT Champion Samoa Joe defeated Mojo Rawley in the non-title main event. Mojo starts the match aggressive until Joe tosses him into the steps. Joe dominates. Mojo fights out of the Muscle Buster and hits a clothesline off the top, then fights out of the Clutch attempt for a slam and a near fall. Joe turns the tides and drops Mojo in the corner, screams Nakamura, and locks on the Cocquina Clutch for the win. Joe puts the the hold back on when Nakamura’s music hits for the save. Security and referees run out to keep a fight from happening, and hold Joe back while Nakamura taunts him, grabs his nose, and leaves. After Nakamura leaves, Joe lays out security in a rage and grabs his title to end the episode.