Star Trek: Discover showrunner Bryan Fuller has some interesting responses and teases about the January 2017 debuting TV series during the Q & A portion of the recent Star Trek Discovery Television Critics Association (TCA) panel.
The below 5 revelations build on the 15 others teases Fuller revealed; making it a nice round 20 things we know about Star Trek Discovery.
Here are the 5 newest tidbits about the show.
- “There’s an incident, an event, in the history of Starfleet that has been talked about (in previous Star Trek shows), but never fully explored.”
- Section 31 is not directly involved in that incident/event, “but that’s not to say that might not have some marble through the meat of our season.”
- The Discovery ship design is still a work in progress, he said, but it will feature elements of illustrator Ralph McQuarrie’s Star Trek: Phase II designs, along with those of 1970s-era race cars, Lamborghinis and James Bond vehicles.
- “She’s not a central part of the show,” Fuller said of Amanda Grayson, Spock’s human mother, “but we love that character.”
- It’s conceivable that Discovery could feature bridge crew characters from TOS, but for the moment he’s “digging” what he’s go with the new characters and not thinking that far ahead.
I can’t wait for this to hit!