SDCC 2017 and Marvel Comics Legacy Spoilers for Secret Empire and beyond follows.
At Marvel Comics’ Friday San Diego Comic Con 2017 (SDCC 2017 panel) Secret Empire panel fans got Secret Empire and Marvel Legacy news. Here are the highlights.
- Editor Nick Lowe noted that next week’s Secret Empire #7 pays off Civil War II Ulysses’ vision of Miles Morales Spider-Man killing Steve Rogers Captain America.
- Post Secret Empire and Marvel Legacy Captain America creative team will be writer Mark Waid and artist Chris Samnee; the run begins with November 2017’s Captain America #695.
- It won’t be a shared book with Sam Wilson Falcon; this I the “Steve Rogers we know and love”.
- Writer Mark Waid noted that “Steve is kind of tired of being the couch-surfer of the Marvel Universe, he’s never really had a place to call his own other than Avengers Mansion, This is him getting back in touch with Captain America, learning how people perceive Captain America in light of Secret Empire.”
- In response to a fan question about how Secret Empire impacts Marvel’s future, Waid noted that “there are definitely ramifications that we’re dealing with in Captain America and some other series You want these things to have a lasting impact on the series,” Spencer added. “There are a lot of heroes asking big questions… Not to mention some pretty catastrophic losses.”
- Marvel Assistant Editor Alanna Smith concluded that “coming out of this, you may see a more unified Marvel Universe than what we saw after Civil War II”.
Well, that makes Captain America Marvel’s 53rd Legacy book.
Tags: Captain America, Legacy, San Diego Comic-Con, SDCC, SDCC 2017, Secret Empire