- BATMAN: THE DROWNED #1 – My favorite thing about METAL has been the Evil Batman one-shots. They feel well thought out, and I love a good alternate reality story. This time, we get AquaBatman.
- INCREDIBLE HULK #709 – Return to Planet Hulk! I did think that the last issue of TOTALLY AWESOME HULK which got us here was a bit of a stretch, but I have mostly enjoyed TOTALLY AWESOME HULK and I am looking forward to seeing what they can do with Amadeus Cho on Planet Hulk.
- WONDER WOMAN/CONAN #2 – The first issue of this series wasn’t quite what I was expecting. It was a strange period piece about gladiators. I actually enjoyed it even if it wasn’t what I expected, and I’m real curious to see where this series goes from here.
- INVINCIBLE #141 – Counting down the last few issues of INVINCIBLE. Last issue, Mark ended up near death to stop General Thragg in a battle at the heart of a star. There are only a handful of issues left. Robert Kirkman tends not to pull a lot of punches here, but I’m still hopeful for a mostly happy ending.
- ANIMOSITY #10 and ANIMOSITY EVOLUTION #1 – While I enjoy ANIMOSITY, I think Aftershock would be better served keeping it to one series. It just feels oversaturated. Hopefully there is enough story and content here to make it worthwhile.
- Go Go Power Rangers #4
- Astro City #48
- Batman #33
- Future Quest Presents #3
- Green Arrow #33
- Green Lanterns #33
- Justice League #31
- Nightwing #31
- Super Sons #9
- Superman #33
- Titans #16
- Mighty Mouse #5 (Of 5)
- Star Wars Adventures #3
- Uncle Scrooge #31
- Curse Words #9
- Mage The Hero Denied #3 (Of 15)
- Savage Dragon #227
- Cable #150
- Champions #13
- Doctor Strange #26
- Generation X #7
- Invincible Iron Man #593
- Journey Star Wars The Last Jedi Captain Phasma #4 (Of 4)
- Luke Cage #166
- Mighty Thor #700
- Monsters Unleashed #7
- Secret Warriors #7
- Star Wars Poe Dameron #20
- X-Men Gold #14
- Faith And The Future Force #4 (Of 4)
- War Mother #3 (Of 4)
- Animosity Evolution #1 – I love Animosity, but three titles already? The Rise was extended from one shots to a secondary series and now this. I don’t follow the sales side of the industry, but I’m curious if this is a big franchise for Aftershock. Marguerite Bennett is still writing, which inspires confidence she has more to say rather than just passing the reins to someone else.
- Spider-Gwen #25 – GWENOM is here. All hail her.
- Generation Gone #4 – The trade of 1-5 is due in early January, so if you’re not on board, you may wait. You not want to wait. Ales Kot’s take on disenfranchised young people with powers they never wanted is one of Image’s best new series.
- They’re Not Like Us #16 – Jeez, 15 dropped in April, and even that was delayed. I like this alternate riff on the X-Men formula, but I can’t fault anyone who waits for trade.
- Cable #150 – Okay. I’m interested in Cable and a new New Mutant team tracking down a time traveling serial killer. I haven’t read Brisson’s other Marvel works, so I’m going on faith.
- Batwoman #8 – I don’t know. These books are so dense with imagery and layered storytelling, yet nothing seems to happen. I want to like this title as I love Kate and am a fan of Bennett’s other books, but something about it just doesn’t stick for me. Not just Batwoman, most of the recent Bat-family doesn’t click for me. At least BTAS is coming out on Blu-Ray next year.
- Animosity #10
- Go Go Power Rangers #4
- Vampirella #7
- Ghost Station Zero #3
- Grrrl Scouts Magic Socks # 6
- Gen X #7
- X-Men Gold #14
I don’t really have a lot to say about this week’s books. There are comics that I enjoy coming out – Dept. H, Descender, Horizon, Invincible, Kill or Be Killed, and Mage, but there’s nothing there that I want to single out for praise.
The only debut I’m sure to get is the Sherlock Frankenstein book, which is really just a placeholder until more Black Hammer comes out, and I’m way less excited about it than I am the parent book.
I’m not sure if I want to get Steve Skroce’s Maestros. He’s a great artist, and I liked his Doc Frankenstein writing years ago, but I can’t imagine this book is going to stick to any kind of schedule, so I’m reluctant to pick it up.
I think the fact that Nico Henrichon is drawing one last issue of Doctor Strange is cool, but it sounds like a fill-in, since there’s a new writer coming next month.
Tags: Pull List Roundtable