For fans of shootem ups, a new entry from Korean developer DeerFarm hits all consoles next week!
Shikhondo – Soul Eater, a bullet hell game, is looking great.
Check out the trailer here:
And here are some screenshots
Indie publisher Digerati is pleased to confirm the release dates for intense bullet-hell shmup, Shikhondo – Soul Eater. The game will be available to download 28 August on Xbox One, 28/29 August on PS4 (NA/EU respectively), and 30 August on Nintendo Switch.
Shikhondo – Soul Eater is available to pre-order now with a 10% discount from the Xbox Store. PS4 and Nintendo Switch owners will be able to get the game with a 10% discount at launch.
Created by Korean-based independent developer DeerFarm, Shikhondo – Soul Eater features hypnotic barrage patterns, enemies inspired by Asian mythology, and stunning Oriental artwork. And, for the first time, players will be able to take on Shikhondo with a friend thanks to an all-new 2-player local co-op mode added especially for the console versions.
As well as being popular among shoot ‘em up fans – the game has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam – Shikhondo impressed at the 2017 Global Indie Game Development Contest in Korea where it won the Gold Award.
About the game
Shikhondo – Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ‘em up set within a beautiful and bizarre world of Asian mythology.
Armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo. They are spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy the pestilent invaders and free the captured souls from eternal torment.
Includes Arcade, Hardcore and Local Co-op modes.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush and Local Co-op
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack
- Online leaderboards for high score glory
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions
Tags: DeerFarm, PS4, Shikhondo - Soul Eater, Switch, Xbox One