Marvel Comics Universe and December 2018 Solicitations Spoilers?
Top 5 Questions Including Uncanny X-Men Disassembled, X-Men Red, Spider-Geddon, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers and More
As we await Marvel’s solicits, here are my big Q’s for what’s to come in December 2018 and beyond.
(1) What is the post status of the post-Extermination Uncanny X-Men As the weekly X-Men Disassembled storyline roars? That includes Logan in Return of Wolverine.
(2) Will X-Men Red be cancelled with X-Men Red #11 (December 2018) or X-Men Red #12 (January 2019)? With X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold cancelled and X-Men Black just a titles for a series of one-shots, it seems there will be a new status quo for the X-Men after or during X-Men Disassembled. Certainly the colored X-Men titles seems on the decline and classic titles like Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, etc. return. How soon until we see X-Factor on stands?
(3) Will Avengers keep the stakes consquential to the Marvel multiverse and continuity / timeline? I’m a sucker for the Avengers 1,000,000 BC stuff. Plus, will Captain Marvel join to coincide with her upcoming MCU film? Marvel does like to cross-promote and have recognizable characters from pop culture in their main books.
(4) What is the fallout from Spider-Geddon? The Amazing Spider-Man relaunch feels lack luster, the return of an ongoung Superior Spider-Man hold promise, but what else? I would like to see a Prowler series spring out of this or have Hobbie Brown assume the mantle of another know Spider-Man property like Scarlet Spider; the clone stuff is too confusing and Marvel needs more diVerse leads in its titles.
(5) What other classic characters or team books will return? New Warriors perhaps, but I hope Squadron Supreme return soon. Plus, X-Factor as I mentioned earlier. Perhaps Marvel’s movie and TV slates are good indicators for what their new series priorities will be?
Tags: comic book solicitations, Marvel, Marvel Universe