Dan Didio, Jim Lee, Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, Tom King and More Announced As Part Of DC Comics / DC Entertainment’s Action-Packed New York Comic Con 2018 (NYCC 2018) Plans! Plus Aquaman Movie, DC TV Titans & Gotham, Animated Film Reign Of Supermen, Batman: The Animated Series and More!
THE MOST REVERED VOICES IN COMICS GATHER UNDER THE DC BANNER AT NEW YORK COMIC CON 2018
Star-Studded Spotlight Panels for Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis and Tom King Will Dive into Highly Anticipated New Titles
As First Original Series Titans Makes Official Premiere, DC Universe Panel Explores the New Digital Subscription Service Designed Especially for DC Fans
DC’s Booth to Host Signing Events With Biggest Names In Comics, Casts of Titans, Gotham, Batman: The Animated Series, and More!
BURBANK, Calif. (September 20, 2018) – Marked by star-studded panels, talent signings and must-see discussions celebrating its unrivaled portfolio of characters, DC returns to New York Comic Con (NYCC) with can’t-miss experiences. Every day of NYCC, taking place Oct. 4-7 at the Jacob Javits Center, DC’s spectacular booth (#SC01) will hold meet-and-greets with the biggest names in comics, showcase costumes and props from the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film Aquaman and serve as the hub for fans to experience the latest from DC’s new digital subscription service DC UNIVERSE.
Following the red carpet premiere of DC Universe and Warner Bros Television original live action series Titans that kicks off NYCC on Wednesday night, the cast will take the DC booth by storm with a can’t-miss Titans signing* on Friday at 1:15pm featuring stars
Brenton Thwaites, Teagan Croft, Ryan Potter, Anna Diop, Minka Kelly, Alan Ritchson, and Executive Producers Geoff Johns, Akiva Goldsman and Greg Walker.
The DC booth will host a robust schedule of signings* with the biggest names from the world of DC including:
- Friday, 3:15-4:00pm – Producers and voice talent from the upcoming Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Blu-ray release Batman: The Animated Series, including Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester, Diane Pershing and producers Bruce Timm and Eric Radomsko
- Saturday, 2:00-2:45pm – Voice talent from Warner Bros Home Entetainment’s upcoming DC Universe Movie Reign of the Supermen, including Patrick Fabian, Toks Olabundoye, Nyambi NyambiSunday, 1:15-2:00pm – The cast of Warner Bros. Television’s Gotham, including Robin Lord Taylor, Cory Michael Smith, David Mazouz, Sean Pertwee, Camren Bicondova, Erin Richards, Chris Chalk, and executive producer John Stephens
In addition to its schedule of all-star talent signings, DC’s enormous booth will also include the kind of displays and showcases that will have selfie fans snapping away, including the Aquaman, Mera and Black Manta costumes from the highly anticipated Warner Bros Pictures film, as well as a life size LEGO statue of the King of Atlantis, plus a display of more than 50 assorted DC figures from Mattel. The booth will also feature several kiosks for fans to indulge their “inner bad guy” with playable demos of the upcoming WBIE LEGO DC Super-Villains video game.
DC is set to unleash a schedule of panels at NYCC loaded with celebrated industry leaders and game-changing new voices:
- Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio will take the stage to kick off DC’s programming at NYCC with their DC’s Meet the Publishers panel. Featuring breaking news and surprise guests, this panel will offer fans a peek behind the vast array of imprints, most talked-about titles and superstar talent. Thursday 1:45 pm, Room 1A24
- Certain to generate headlines, the DC Spotlight on Geoff Johns panel will feature the bestselling writer as he gives fans the inside scoop on some of the biggest ongoing and forthcoming DC projects in comics, television and film. Friday 1:30 pm, Room 1A06
- Hot on the heels of the red carpet premiere of the DC Universe original series Titans, the DC Universe Digital Service panel will dive into the newly launched, first-of-its-kind subscription service. Join DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee, superstar writer and producer Geoff Johns, and an array of guests that will showcase how this immersive digital platform is designed especially for DC fans. Plus the panel will give fans the latest updates on Titans, the animated series Young Justice: Outsiders, and dive into the incredible line-up of legendary DC films and TV series, epic animated movies, comic books, exclusive merchandise and more. Thursday 5:15 pm, Room 1A24
- One of the most celebrated writers in comics will take center stage at the DC Spotlight on Brian Michael Bendis panel. From his new tales of the Man of Steel in SUPERMAN and ACTION COMICS, to his creator-owned JINXWORLD books and his recent Walmart-exclusive story for the Batman 100-Page “Giant,” this must-attend panel will be packed with sneak peeks and an insider look at Bendis’ forthcoming releases. Saturday 5:15, Room 1A24
- Some of comics’ most innovative voices will take the stage at the DC Vertigo panel to explore the high concept series for fans of fantasy, crime, supernatural, horror and satire. Fans will meet the next generation of storytellers behind some of the most talked-about new DC Vertigo titles including Ben Blacker (HEX WIVES), Tina Horn (SAFE SEX), Kat Howard (BOOKS OF MAGIC), Zoë Quinn (GODDESS MODE), Rob Sheridan (HIGH LEVEL) and Dan Watters (LUCIFER). Those in attendance will receive some must-have swag including an advance copy of HEX WIVES #1! Friday 11:15 am, Room 1A21
- Fans won’t want to miss the DC Spotlight on Tom King panel where they’ll have a chance to listen to King discuss how he uses inspiration from his former life as a CIA operative for his intense and emotionally-driven stories. As King’s Eisner-winning run on MISTER MIRACLE concludes, attendees can get all the details on the new series which explores the psychological effects of life as a superhero, HEROES IN CRISIS. Saturday 11:15 am, Room 1A21
- Industry legends Frank Miller (SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE) and Brian Michael Bendis (SUPERMAN, ACTION COMICS) will gather together for an unforgettable celebration for truth, hope and justice as they honor the most iconic Super Hero in history at the DC Superman 80th panel. Hosted by DC Publisher Dan DiDio the panel will explore the history of one of pop culture’s most enduring characters and how they panelists are interpreting The Man of Steel in their forthcoming projects. Saturday 2:15 pm, Room 1A06
- A can’t miss for fans, the DC All Stars panel will be packed with DC’s most brilliant and creative minds. Including Brian Michael Bendis, Amanda Conner, Tom King, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jock, Scott Snyder and more, fans will receive fascinating insight on how these all-star creators continue to make the DC Universe a non-stop thrill ride! And if that’s not enough, fans attending the panel will receive a special surprise gift (while supplies last)! Friday 6:00 pm, Main Stage
- The creative minds behind DC’s biggest superheroes and super-villains will gather together at the DC World’s Finest panel. Loaded with some of the top industry talent including Kelly Sue DeConnick (AQUAMAN), Steve Orlando (ELECTRIC WARRIORS), James Tynion IV (JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE/AQUAMAN: DROWNED EARTH), Emanuela Lupacchino (WONDER WOMAN), Peter Tomasi (ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS, DETECTIVE COMICS), and Howard Porter (THE FLASH, JUSTICE LEAGUE / AQUAMAN: DROWNED EARTH) this panel will offer fans an in-depth preview at blockbuster crossover events and new storylines. Saturday 12:15 pm, Room 1A24
- What’s MAD Magazine been up to since it bailed on The Big Apple and landed in La La Land? Promising to be the funniest panel of the Con, the Mad About MAD panel will be full of can’t-miss antics that will leave its audience in stitches. From new parodies to new projects, fans have the chance to get in on the fun with the team behind the iconic brand. Sunday 10:45 am, Room 1A21
- Fans can dive into the latest adventures of iconic Super Heroes including Aquaman, Hawkman, The Flash, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman and more at the DC Nation panel. Explore the storylines hitting the DC Universe as DC Publisher Dan DiDio joins Adam Glass, Rob Venditti, Joshua Williamson, Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emanuela Lupacchino for an in-depth discussion. Sunday 2:30 pm, Room 1A21
- Calling all cosplayers! In celebration of the famed make-up brand’s new line of DC cosmetics, the NYX / DC Makeovers panel will give step-by-step instructions on how the new line of products can transform any fan into a superhero of their dreams. Thursday 7:45 pm, Room 1A18
Graphitti Designs will once again feature highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for NYCC attendees only while supplies last, both in the DC booth and their own booth in the main exhibit hall (Booth #1744). Fans can choose from silver-foil variants of DC issues AQUAMAN #40, CATWOMAN #3, THE FLASH #55, BATMAN #56,JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #1, JUSTICE LEAGUE #9 and HEROES IN CRISIS #1. DC and Graphitti will also offer special red-foil variants of Brian Michael Bendis’ Jinxworld titles PEARL #1, COVER #1, SCARLET #1 and UNITED STATES vs MURDER INC #1. All comics are bagged and boarded and priced at $15.
* Select high-profile signings such as the TITANS, GOTHAM, REIGN OF THE SUPERMEN and BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES are part of a digital queue pre-show lottery system used by NYCC. This lottery is now open and available to all NYCC FAN VERIFIED badge holders. There will be information and opportunities to win a spot on line for these high-profile signings on everybody’s registered, personal NYCC Fan Verified home profile page. Winners will be notified shortly before NYCC and their ticket to these exclusive signings will be tied to their badges.
Tags: DC Comics, DC Entertainment, DC Universe, New York Comic Con, New York Comic Con 2018, NYCC, NYCC 2018