Donny Cates, Adam Glass, Frank Tieri and More Announced For AfterShock Comics At New York Comic Con 2018 (NYCC 2018)! News On Beyonders, The Lollipop Kids, The Last Space Race and More!
AfterShock Comics reveals NYCC 2018 exclusives and signing schedules
New York-based AfterShock Comics has announced its plans for New York Comic Con 2018, and fans can expect a full slate in store. The independent publisher of provocative comics such as American Monster, A Walk Through Hell, Dark Ark, Babyteeth, Superzero, and Shipwreck will be in attendance and offer readers a chance to meet and greet many of its favorite creators.
AfterShock is also celebrating the launch of three new titles in October: Lollipop Kids by Adam Glass, Aidan Glass, and Diego Yapur; The Last Space Race by Peter Calloway and Alex Shibao; and Dead Kings by Steve Orlando and Matthew Dow Smith.
As it ramps up its offerings, AfterShock Comics aims to be one of the essential stops for NYCC comics readers in a variety of ways. “We’ve got a lot in store for AfterShock fans and friends,” teased AfterShock editor-in-chief Mike Marts in a statement. “And we look forward to a memorable four days at one of the most exciting pop culture events of the year.”
On Friday, Oct. 5, fans can go to Room 1C03 from 4 – 5 p.m. for their panel, Shock Treatments – Behind the Creative Alchemy at AfterShock Comics, where fans get a deeper look at the various creative processes of their talent-packed panel, including Adam Glass and Aidan Glass (Lollipop Kids), Frank Tieri (Pestilence), Marguerite Bennett (Animosity, Insexts), Steve Orlando (Dead Kings), Elio Rahal (Hot Lunch Special), Jorge Fornes (Hot Lunch Special), Ted Anderson (Moth & Whisper), and more. Attendees will also preview stories and projects set for later in the year and be the first to hear of any potential announcements.
At booth #2242 at the Javits Center, AfterShock will be selling $75 Mystery Boxes whose contents are actually valued up to $200. They might include anything from a pool of rare variants to complete runs of series, signed comics, graded comics, trade paperbacks, and other surprise items. NYCC exclusive variant editions (see images above and in the gallery below) of the following will be also available:
• The Lollipop Kids #1 Cover by Juan Doe
• Beyonders #1 Cover by Juan Doe
• The Last Space Race #1 Cover by Declan Shalvey
A tentative signing schedule at the AfterShock booth has also been set:
• Declan Shalvey (Dreaming Eagles, Shipwreck): Thursday, Oct. 4, 2 p.m.
• Russ Braun (Jimmy’s Bastards): Thursday, Oct. 4, 2 p.m.
• Goran Sudžuka (A Walk Through Hell): Friday, Oct. 5, 1 p.m.
• Omar Francia (Volition): Friday, Oct. 5, 1 p.m.
• Taylor Espositio (Babyteeth; Hot Lunch Special): Saturday, Oct. 6, 1 p.m.
• Eliot Rahal (Hot Lunch Special): Saturday, Oct. 6, 1 p.m.
• Jorge Fornes (Hot Lunch Special): Saturday, Oct. 6, 1 p.m.
• Adam Glass & Aidan Glass (The Lollipop Kids): Saturday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m.
• Juan Doe (Dark Ark, Animosity, American Monster, World Reader): Saturday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m.
• Donny Cates (Babyteeth): Sunday, Oct. 7, 1 p.m.
• Frank Tieri (Pestilence): Sunday, Oct. 7, 2 p.m.
Tags: AfterShock, New York Comic Con, New York Comic Con 2018, NYCC, NYCC 2018