Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced that Sam Raimi’s cult horror classic Evil Dead 2 will make its arrival to 4K Blu-ray this December. Best-selling author of “If Chins Could Talk,” Bruce Campbell, stars as Ash, as everyone’s favorite S-Smart employee Ash, and the sole survivor of The Evil Dead. For the sequel he returns to the same cabin in the woods (why?!) and unfortunately unlocks the sinister forces of the dead from the Necronomicon. With spirits running amok it is up to Ash to single-handedly battle legions of the damned.
Sounds pretty groovy, huh?
Evil Dead 2 will be available for purchase just in time for Christmas on December 11.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
– BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION AND DOLBY VISION HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
– NEW “Bloody and Groovy, Baby!” – A Tribute to Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead 2 Featurette
And found previously on the 25th anniversary Blu-ray release
– Audio Commentary with writer-director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special make-up effects artist Greg Nicotero
– “Swallowed Souls: The Making of Evil Dead 2” Documentary
– “Cabin Fever – A ‘Fly on the Wall’ Look Behind-the-Scenes of Evil Dead 2” Featurette
– “Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location with Filmmaker Tony Elwood” Featurette
– “Evil Dead 2: Behind-the-Screams” Featurette
– “The Gore The Merrier” Featurette
– Theatrical Trailer
– Still Galleries
Travis Leamons is one of the Inside Pulse Originals and currently holds the position of Managing Editor at Inside Pulse Movies. He's told that the position is his until he's dead or if "The Boss" can find somebody better. I expect the best and I give the best. Here's the beer. Here's the entertainment. Now have fun. That's an order!