Tom Atkins always seems to pop up as a guest on METV’s Svengoolie during segments at horror conventions. Now one of Tom’s best horror films is coming to Blu-ray with Night of the Creeps getting the Scream Factory treatment on May 28. The boxset also includes the director’s cut. The bonus features has “Horrors’ Hallowed Grounds” so you can see the locations where Tom Atkins once stood. Here’s the press release from Scream Factory and all the great bonus features:
SCREAM FACTORY PRESENTS
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
ON BLU-RAY MAY 28, 2019
“A fantastic horror movie … There is so much to love about Night of the Creeps that I have no idea where to begin.” – Bloody Disgusting
Los Angeles, CA – The good news is your date is here. The bad news is…he’s dead. Scream Factory proudly presents Night of the Creeps in a definitive collector’s edition Blu-ray release on May 28, 2019. This release is jam-packed, with both theatrical and director’s cut versions of the film and new bonus features including interviews with cast and crew and an episode of Horrors’ Hallowed Grounds.
When an alien experiment goes awry, it crashes to Earth in 1959 and infects a young college student. Twenty-seven years later, his cryogenically frozen body is thawed out by fraternity pledges … and the campus is quickly overrun by alien creatures whose victims turn into zombies!
Director Fred Dekker’s thoroughly enjoyable throwback chiller deftly mixes all sorts of genres while simultaneously having fun with them (the college and all the leading characters are named after famous horror movie directors). This cult classic stars Jason Lively (European Vacation and The Dukes of Hazzard Series) and horror film legend Tom Atkins (The Fog, Creepshow, Halloween III, Escape from New York).
· Thrill Me!: The Making of NIGHT OF THE CREEPS – a five-part documentary on the making of the film featuring interviews with writer/director Fred Dekker, actors Tom Atkins, Jason Lively, Steve Marshall, Jill Whitlow, producer Charles Gordon, special makeup effects creator David B. Miller, Special Makeup Effects artists Howard Berger and Robert Kurtzman and more
· Tom Atkins: Man of Action – a look at the actor’s career
· Deleted Scenes
· Theatrical Trailer
· Audio Commentary with writer/director Fred Dekker
· Audio Commentary with actors Tom Atkins, Jason Lively, Steve Marshall and Jill Whitlow
· NEW Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – a look at the film’s locations today with host Sean Clark, director Fred Dekker and actor Jason Lively
· NEW Real Good Plan – an interview with actor Jason Lively
· NEW The Bradster- an interview with actor Alan Kayser
· NEW I Vote For That One – an interview with actor Ken Heron
· NEW Worst Coroner Ever – an interview with actor Vic Polizos
· NEW Answering the Door – an interview with actress Suzanne Snyder
· NEW Final Cut – an interview with editor Michael N. Knue
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Shout! Factory Films, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
Tags: halloween, Night of the Creeps, Scream Factory, Svengoolie