It’s another relatively small week! There are two new series I’m interested in:
- Sea of Stars – This new Image book by Jason Aaron, Dennis Hallum, and Stephen Green looks interesting.
- Star Wars: Target Vader – There is definitely some kind of diminishing returns thing happening with the Star Wars book, but this mini features bounty hunters, so I’m down.
- I’m also looking forward to new issues of Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Deathstroke, Immortal Hulk, Man-Eaters, Punisher, Uncanny X-Men, and The Walking Dead.
8 books this week
- Adventures of the Super Sons #12
- Captain America Invaders Bahamas Triangle #1
- Charlie’s Angels vs. The Bionic Woman #1
- Deathstroke #45
- Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds #1
- Female Furies #6
- Justice League #27
- Six Million Dollar Man #5
Got a lot to talk about this week!
- The Walking Dead #193 – SURPRISE LAST ISSUE! I give Image a ton of credit for managing to keep this secret under wraps as long as they did. I haven’t read TWD in a long time, but I am curious enough to pick this one up.
- Aero #1 – I can’t even remember which character introduced in War of the Realms this is or why he or she deserves their own book. Unless this book has some kind of Thunderbolts-like twist, I can’t see it lasting more than a handful of issues.
- Ms Marvel Annual #1 – I love when Marvel used to do crossovers in their annuals. This year it’s Acts of Evil, a play on Acts of Vengeance where Marvel characters faces off against villains they normally didn’t encounter much. This issue features Ms Marvel taking on Super Skrull. I am very much on board with this one!
- Adventures of Super Sons #12 – I am happy we got a 12 issue reprieve from Super Sons being cancelled, but I am not sure what the current DC status quo means for future team-ups between Superboy and Robin. I love this pairing, and I am pretty sad to see it go.
- Year of the Villain – Justice League #27, Harley Quinn #63, and Deathstroke #45 are all Year of the Villain tie-ins. Not to be confused with DC’s other events Event Leviathan and Doomsday Clock. Big things happening in DC right now!
- Superman Up In the Sky #1 – Featuring Tom King’s first Superman work! These were originally available in the 100-Page Giants from Walmart. Glad to see them available in another form!
- Postal Deliverance #1 – POSTAL IS BACK, BAYBEE! Uhm…nuff said? Postal was one of my favorite Image books over the last few years and I’m glad to see we are getting a little bit more.
- Sea Of Stars #1 – When I see Jason Aaron and Dennis Hallim co-writing a book, I am going to buy it pretty much sight unseen. But this book is about a space trucker, so it just sounds like the kind of sci-fi weirdness I would love no matter who was writing it.
- Space Bandits #1 (Of 5) – Millar has had a real solid track record with his Image work. I don’t know if this book stands out really to me, but I will likely check it out just based on how much I enjoy the rest of his Millarworld comics.
- Descendent #3
- Betty And Veronica Friends Forever Back To Storybook Land #1
- Black Hammer Age Of Doom #11
- Batgirl #36
- Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III #3 (Of 6)
- DCeased #3 (Of 6)
- Dreaming #11
- Green Lantern #9
- Lois Lane #1 (Of 12)
- Wild Storm #24
- Sonic The Hedgehog #18
- Age Of X-Man Prisoner X #5 (Of 5)
- Captain America And The Invaders Bahamas Triangle #1
- Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #5 (Of 6)
- Dead Man Logan #9 (Of 12)
- Fantastic Four The Prodigal Sun #1
- Immortal Hulk #20
- Punisher #13
- Savage Avengers #3
- Secret Warps Soldier Supreme Annual #1
- Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider #10
- Star Wars Age Of Resistance Finn #1
- Star Wars Target Vader #1 (Of 6)
- Uncanny X-Men #21
- Long Con #10
Tags: Pull List Roundtable