SDCC 2019 and DC Comics Universe Spoilers follows.
DC’s Year Of The Villain and Justice-Doom War Bleed Into A Crisis Level Event In 2020?
Tidbits from the DC Year of the Villain at SDCC 2019.
- Year of the Villain has been building since Dark Knights: Metal.
- This story runs for two years and culminates in the biggest DC event ever in 2020.
- The 2020 event will be announced this fall.
- Bigger than Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- The Batman Who Laughs and Apex Lex Luthor will be at cross-purposes.
- Year of the Villain story will culminate in November and December of this year.
- “We had to make a threat that makes the heroes think they have to be like the villains”
- “What if the only way to win is to be bad? Would you compromise who you are?”
- Justice League will bring in the World Forger and the Monitor – “The Crisis mythology” – and “attack it.”
- Every piece of the puzzle that’s been coming together “will pay off.”
- Similar to the culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Avengers: Endgame.
- “Comics is a giant interconnected universe, it’s one huge opus for us.”
What say you?
Tags: Anti-Monitor, Batman Who Laughs, Crisis, DC Comics, DC Universe, Justice Doom War, Justice League, Legion of Doom, Lex Luthor, Monitor, Perpetua, SDCC, SDCC 2019, World Forger, Year of the Villain