For a full list of these releases, head to ComicList: The New Comic Book Releases List.
Only 8 books his week and still no Valiant titles.
- Adventureman #1
- Batman #92
- Batman Secret Files #3
- Event Leviathan: Checkmate #1
- Joker 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1
- Justice League Odyssey #21
- Legion of Super-Heroes #6
- Nightwing #71
- Joker 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 – It’s amazing that there are comic characters still around 80 years after they were created. That is some longevity! The Robin 80th Anniversary Special was great. The Catwoman one was a bit hit and miss. These books are way pricey at $10, and I’ve never really loved the Joker all that much. I have to admit, I feel a bit like I am over Batman these days. So I may end up skipping this one…
- Legion of Super-Heroes #6 – I’ve been a Legion fan for a long time now, and Bendis has been doing a terrific job on this series. It feels a lot like old school Legion: great characters, lots of action, and genuinely laugh out loud funny moments. This issue we get to meet Gold Lantern and Doctor Fate. Gold Lantern seems to have a lot of hyper behind him. I’ve seen places reporting that this issue is already going for $20-$30, which is bizarre.
- Ice Cream Man #19 – Almost twenty issues in, and I’m still not sure what this book is. It’s sort of horror, but mostly just weird. Well whatever it is, it works! Ice Cream Man is a unique comic experience, with stand alone stories that love to play with the format of comic storytelling.
- Decorum #2 – I have to admit, I remember that I enjoyed Decorum #1…but I can’t remember what the hell happened in that comic. I have to reread the first issue before reading the second issue. That is my one gripe with Image titles, so many of them have generic names, and they all kind of run together.
- Lois Lane #11 – Last issue had a pretty unexpected tour of the multiverse. Rucka did an amazing job with this book, and I’m kind of bummed that it’s winding down here. Hopefully we can get more Rucka on these characters because he’s been a perfect fit.
- New Mutants #10 – My favorite of the Dawn of X Books! This book flips back and forth between old school New Mutants and other young mutant characters. I am a sucker for New Mutants comics, and this has been the best New Mutants we’ve gotten in a long time.
- Black Cat #11 – I don’t see much hype for this book, but it is one of my favorite comics any company puts out. It’s just a very fun read with Black Cat pulling schemes against some of the bigger names in the Marvel Universe like Fantastic Four and Dr Strange. But it’s also got a lot of heart and emotion to it. A total sleeper book that you should be reading!
- Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers #32 – I didn’t realize but this is the last issue of Go Go Power Rangers. To be honest, the book is probably a bit redundant at this point, but I think they should keep it around and use it to fill in the gaps for other Power Ranger teams.
- Amethyst #3 (Of 6)
- Flash #755
- Justice League #46
- Nightwing #71
- Disney Comics And Stories #12
- Undiscovered Country #6
- Daredevil #20
- Excalibur #10
- Miles Morales Spider-Man #17
Excellence returns this week! The first arc of this series about the few magic-wielding families, all of whom are black, that work in secret to maintain the status quo in the world is, well, excellent. Taut father/son dynamics, fantastic art, and a very original way of looking at the world. I’m so glad it’s back, and at just the right time.
I’m also getting Daredevil, Decorum, Die Die Die, Ginseng Roots, Legion of Super-Heroes, Miles Morales, New Mutants, No One’s Rose (the first issue of this was so good!), Undiscovered Country, and Undone by Blood.
- Batman The Adventures Continue #1 – Notable to me because it has action figures to tie in, and I’ve seen collectors bemoaning how stupid an idea this series is for daring to besmirch the series with unreadable horrible modern ideas like Azrael and Red Hood while still preordering the figures so their collection doesn’t lapse. Salt sustains me. So do quick and clean one off Batman stories.
- New Mutants #10 – Probably one of the most tightly scripted HoX books out there.
- Red Sonja Age of Chaos #3 – Red Sonja is always a staple of my comic diet, but when she’s thrown against The Chaos Comics roster of Purgatori and Chastity? Definitely a book to leave proudly on the top of your stack at the checkout.
- Dejan Thoris #5
- Vampirella #9
- Vampirella Red Sonja #8
- Daredevil #20
Tags: Adventureman, Batman, Batman: The Animated Series, Brian Michael Bendis, Dawn of X, DC Comics, Excellence, Ice Cream Man, Image, Joker, Legion of Super-Heroes, Marvel Comics, New Mutants, Pull List Roundtable