For a full list of these releases, head to ComicList: The New Comic Book Releases List.
It looks like things are getting back to normal. This is the biggest week I’ve seen since March!
- Empyre #1 – I know better, but I’m interested in this anyway. It seems that Al Ewing and Dan Slott are building this latest Marvel tentpole event around a lot of older continuity, heading back to the first Kree-Skrull War, with detours throughout most of Steve Englehart’s writing career (that reminds me, I should do a Retro Review column on his Silver Surfer run). I like Mantis, and I’ve liked everything Al Ewing has ever written, so I’m going to give this a shot. Remind me, when I’m complaining later, that I brought it on myself.
- Free Comic Book Day X-Men – I’ve been surprised, coming out of the shut-down, that the X-Men titles have been pretty under-represented and scarce, especially the flagship title. It’s cool that the FCBD stuff is tricking out (I liked Fire Power last week), but I hope that this fits chronologically. The X-Men had a lot of momentum leading into the shutdown, but I feel like much of that has been lost now…
- Sacred Six #1 & Vampirella #11 – Christopher Priest is in my top three of comics writers, and I love that he’s gotten me so deeply interested in Vampirella and her world. I’ve never paid attention to the character before, but now her title is one of the ones I most look forward to. And now Priest is writing a spin-off series, Sacred Six. I don’t know a lot about this world yet, and I know that he never makes things easy for new readers, but I’m up to the challenge. Two Priest books in one week? It’s like a karmic reward…
- I’m also looking forward to new issues of Die! Die! Die!, Family Tree, Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto, Gideon Falls, Guardians of the Galaxy, Immortal Hulk, Old Guard: Force Multiplied, Once & Future, Strange Adventures, 20XX, Undone By Blood, and Year Zero.
4 books this week.
- Avengers #34
- Dark Nights: Death Metal #2
- Savage Dragon #250
- Snake Eyes: Deadgame #1
It feels like things are slowly getting back to normal in the release schedule. Not a particularly exciting week, to be honest but still a handful of books I wanna feature.
- Star Trek Deep Space Nine Too Long A Sacrifice #1 – IDW does terrific work with the Star Trek license. Deep Space Nine is one of my favorite Star Trek series, so this is a great fit for me.
- 2020 iWolverine #1 – As much as I hate the name iWolverine, I like Albert and Elsie Dee a lot. 2020 has been pretty dull, and the lengthy gap in publishing did not help at all.
- Dark Nights Death Metal #2 (Of 7) – Metal was great, but Death Metal feels like an unneeded sequel so far. Hopefully, it will pick up.
- Spider-Woman #2 – I have to admit, I don’t remember the first issue at all. The Dennis Hopeless Spider-Woman series is one of my favorite books in the last few years, which is why this is on my pull list.
- Amazing Spider-Man #44
- Avengers #34
- Captain Marvel #17
- Conan Battle For The Serpent Crown #3 (Of 5)
- Disney Comics And Stories #13
- Empyre #1 (Of 6)
- Fantastic Four #21
- Giant-Size X-Men Magneto #1
- Justice League #49
- Nightwing #72
- Strange Adventures #3 (Of 12)
- Teen Titans #43
- Venom #26
Tags: Pull List Roundtable