Marvel Comics and Amazing Spider-Man #93 Spoilers and Review follows.
What Just Happened To Ben Reilly, Peter Parker and Mary Jane On Road To Amazing Spider-Man #1?!
The book has several variant covers below on top of the main cover above.
The promise of the issue is impenetrable from its solicitation.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93
ZEB WELLS (W) • PATRICK GLEASON (A)
Beyond Board: ZEB WELLS, SALADIN AHMED, CODY ZIGLAR, KELLY THOMPSON & PATRICK GLEASON
Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS • VARIANT COVER BY GERARDO SANDOVAL
Variant Cover by PATRICK GLEASON • VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
THE BIG FINALE OF “BEYOND”!!!
SPIDER-MAN VS. SPIDER-MAN! You may surprise yourself with who you’re rooting for.
Don’t miss the conclusion to one of the most surprising Spider-Stories of the past decade.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Amazing Spider-Man #93 ended the current Beyond arc and concluded the series with a major revelation leaking early. The issue includes the below key moments.
- How Ben Reilly snapped, was duped by Beyond Corporation’s Maxine Danger resulting in Ben Reilly trying to kill Peter Parker before the former fell into chemical bath.
- This directly lead to Ben Reilly’s new persona as Chasm as well as new powers, but he still has holes in his memory which appear to influence or interact with his new powers.
- Marvel Comics actually confirmed Ben Reilly was now an enemy of Peter Parker as well as shared concept art for Chasm.
- Spider-Man group editor Nick Lowe sent a message to fans to end the issue with a special mention, including a veiled apology, for Ben Reilly fans before teasing more Chasm to come.
- Finally, readers also witnessed Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson reconciling as a couple, but that tender moment was interrupted by a unrevealed someone.
Peter Parker, despite finally healing from his chemical poisoning and the beating he took at the hands of Ben Reilly, still feels for his “brother”.
And, while Ben Reilly may have broken bad (for now?) his girlfriend Janine Godbe hasn’t as she was able to get authorities to help Peter Parker.
Janine never gave up on Ben.
She actually found him in the rubble and we see Ben’s new powers at play a bit.
More to come from Ben Reilly as Chasm.
Amazing Spider-Man #1 lands in stores on April 20, 2022.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
ZEB WELLS (W) • JOHN ROMITA JR. (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS • VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
VARIANT COVER BY TRAVIS CHAREST • VARIANT COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN • VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY BENGAL • WEB-HEAD VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON
VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO • SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY ROMINA JONES
VARIANT COVER BY STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU • VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
HIDDEN GEMS VARIANT BY MARK BAGLEY & JOHN ROMITA SR.
VARIANT COVER BY ROSE BESCH • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ROSE BESCH
WHAT DID SPIDER-MAN DO?!
Peter’s on the outs with the FF. He’s on the outs with the Avengers. He’s on the outs with Aunt May! No one wants to see Spider-Man – except for Doctor Octopus. Ock’s on Spider-Man’s tail and the Master Planner has something truly terrible planned for when he gets his tentacles on Spidey. All that, and what does Tombstone have planned? Just in time for Spider-Man’s 60th Anniversary, a new volume of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN begins, and 2022 is going to be the biggest year for Spider-Man EVER! Don’t believe us? We brought John Romita Jr. back JUST FOR THIS!
56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99
This was an over-sized emotional rollercoaster. I understand why Marvel is trying something different with Ben Reilly since Peter Parker and Miles Morales are its Spider-Men now. I hope the Chasm story becomes a redemption story which I would be eager to read. The art was solid throughout including the design of the Chasm costume. A satisfying an frustrating end of the storyline and series, but in a way that has me clamoring for more. I may have to pick up that new ASM series. 8 out of 10.