UFC picks up twenty Affliction contracts
by Jeremy Botter on July 28, 2009

Inside Fights has confirmed that Zuffa will absorb the contracts of about twenty fighters from Affliction Entertainment after the company agreed to stop promoting fights last week and become a UFC sponsor.

We have no word on which contracts have been picked up, but they would appear to be lower-tier fighters. Gegard Mousasi and Renato Sobral are scheduled for a bout at the Strikeforce show on Aug. 15, so we can rule them out as potential pickups. Jay Hieron will allegedly face Nick Diaz for the Strikeforce welterweight title (although we’ve heard conflicting reports today on whether or not Hieron has actually signed the deal at this point), so he can be ruled out as well.

Dana White is expected to reveal more details on the transaction on this Friday’s media conference call, which we will be live blogging here at Inside Fights.



Tags: ,

Related MMA News Articles

more articles »

UFC 189 World Championship Tour Arrives In Toronto As Conor McGregor & Jose Aldo Hype July 11 Showdown

Renan Barao Reacts To T.J. Dillashaw's Injury, Says Champion Can Run But Can't Hide

Miesha Tate Says She Is Still The Only Woman Who Can Beat Ronda Rousey

Conor McGregor Refuses To Play Jose Aldo In PR Ploy, Calls Champion 'Fake'

Jeremy Botter

view profile »

Featured Poll

What do you think of Conor McGregor?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Recent Comments

» more comments

Search Pulse

Author:

Zone:

Category: