Teen Titans, Red Robin and the Outlaws (both on my Top 19), and Superboy writer Scott Lobdell had some interesting comments to ease fans of Teen Titans. Following that, DC Comics’ Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras and Executive Editor Eddie Berganza did a round of interviews today to reassure fans as well. Here’s what was clarified.
- Death of Superman happened.
- Superboy IS a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor.
- Tim Drake is a former Robin and discovered Batman’s secret identity through detective work
- They may actually be the starting point for a few stories in September. (Babos’s take: Well, with Barbara Gordon walking in September, I imagine Gail Simone will tackle the Killing Joke.)
- Identity Crisis happened.
- “…(In terms of JSA) just because a title doesn’t exist within the 52 titles doesn’t mean we might not have plans to role out those characters or concepts later. This is just the beginning”.
- Batman Beyond will be relaunched at a later time. Its an important part of DC’s plan going forward.
Bob / Eddie: “There is a plan“:
- A timeline of the DCU and the DC characters has been created.
- It’s a document DC is using regularly going forward for all the characters that incorporates their pasts and serves a platform for future stories.
- “It’s a living, breathing document, and as ideas come through, we find out what fits and what makes for the best story. We keep adding to their lives.”
- “But everything’s based on what’s most important to the character and what events have had an impact on their lives that will drive story in the future.”
- “And what’s nice is that those events are usually the ones that fans really like and the ones that we like. It makes for a nice history.”