1. The dynamic between John Cena and Dean Ambrose is more interesting & exciting than I think anyone would have guessed. But they’re playing to their obvious strengths. Cena as the goodie, goodie and Ambrose as the one too crazy to hold it all in. The WWE finally created a babyface that can finally split the crowd just as much as Cena does. Men, women and some children cheer for Ambrose while women, children and some men cheer for Cena. It’s a great crowd dynamic that I hope they’re able to maintain.
2. LOVE the fact that Dean Ambrose “stole” Drew McIntyre’s double-arm DDT as his finisher. The headlock DDT always looked extremely weak to me and the Ambrose character needed something a little more vicious so what’s better than a move made famous by Cactus Jack?!
3. Fantastic match between two of the most fluid & entertaining in-ring performers on the main roster right now. Randy Orton is VASTLY underrated as a wrestler and we all know what Dolph Ziggler can do with a bad opponent so just imagine him with a great opponent. This match will probably up for match of the year in many polls and rightfully so. Oh yea & that RKO… HOLY F**K!!!
4. I really have to give Damien Sandow credit. Talk about taking the ball and running with it. The “Damien Mizdow” gimmick is better than the revolving characters he was portraying before and hell, it’s getting over and pretty damn funny as well. Kudos to a guy who’s been with the WWE so long that it feels like a lifetime.
5. As long as Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins go on last, I’m excited for this booking. Of course we’ve all see Randy Orton versus John Cena a million times but I’m really liking the one-upmanship between Orton and Rollins. I say bridge them off into a feud and let the fans decide who they want to cheer, even if that IS Orton. I was a decent match with a predictable outcome but the line of the night was when I heard a little kid shout after Ambrose’s suplex to Cena on the stage “Enough, Ambrose! Enough!”. See, for some people this is still real… dammit!
Tags: Cactus Jack, Damien Sandow, dean ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, john cena, randy orton, Raw, seth rollins, WWE, WWE RAW